Coconut Shrimp

princessme

Mazatlán is famous for anything with shrimp.

I found Aguachile in the Gold Zone there. It's like a shrimp cervechie that is hot because it's cooked with lime juice and blended hot peppers with avacado. This dish was first made in Mazatlán and if that is something you might like, Mazatlán is the place to try it.

It's like an appetizer.

I read that a lot of people get sick eating the food from Matzalan. Especially the seafood. I'm wondering if that's just because some people are more stomach sensitive than others. As myself...

]

I haven't noticed reports of people getting ill from eating in Mazatlan. We've eaten there many times and other Mexican ports with no issues.

The seafood is excellent.

If you're extra sensitive, you should probably eat on the ship

Correct me if I'm wrong, folks, but when those north of the equator say "shrimp" that means "prawns" to those of us from down-under?

To us, "shrimp" are little things that you shove about four of into one mouthful whereas "prawns" are larger things that take two to four bites to consume!

How do we get to Letys and Stone Island ?

Bryan

Easy. In mazatlan when you get off the ship you'll ride a tram to the terminal. Walk out the gate to the main road and go left a few blocks. There is a gravel road slightly to the left that leads to the water taxi, maybe 100 yds. They'll drop you off at their dock on SI. Walk across the berm and down the beach about 10 minutes.

If you use the link provided above by Anniesusie you'll see a map with a dotted line leading into the ferry area, this is where the water taxi is. From there look directly to the right and you will see a small dock sticking out from the shore, this their SI landing.

(If you look above the water taxi stand you'll see two large fuel storage tanks, and above that a brownish colored building adjacent to the road, this is the cruise port terminal. The tanks are about halfway).

As a side note, if you enjoy a cold brew, when you come back to the terminal there is a big green gazebo in the patio area that will fix you right up. It can get very crowded a few hours before departure. Pretty good free wifi if you need it.