Family Cruise for 6

zzmmmommy

Hi! I am looking to take my kids (4 kids) on a cruise in April. I have a few requests and I am having trouble finding the right balance. We have done a few 3-4 night cruises and my kids are always underwhelmed. We would like one of the bigger/better ships but not 7-8 nights. Are there any ships that do 4-5 nights that have some of the wow factor of the bigger ships (water slides, rock climbing, etc)? We need 2 rooms so cost is a huge factor. The 7 and 8 night ships are just too expensive. Any advice? We can leave from any of the ports in Florida. Thank you!

Royal Caribbean's Freedom does 6 and 8 night cruises, and Independence does 4 and 5 night cruises. Both are out of Port Everglades, and both have Flowriders, climbing walls, and ice skating. No slides.

I'm sure it's too short of notice now, but we happened to find the family panoramic rooms on some Royal Caribbean ships sleep up to six, have an extra bathroom, amazing views out the front of the ship and was cheaper than getting two rooms. Trouble is there are only two of those rooms on the ships were were looking at so they go fast.