Quiet, Relaxing, Beautiful Beach

KruzeKrazy!

Going to be in Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo in December and looking for quiet, relaxing, beautifully scenic beach settings that are also convenient to get to/from. Don't like load-up-the-bus or booze cruise types of excursions.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

In Mazatlán, we always do Stone Island. You take a short water taxi ride on your own. El Velero is one of the first places (if not THE first place) you hit. It is right where the venders set up on the beach. The owner is great about keeping venders away. Order drinks, and food, and stay all day! Estevan can set up any activities you want to do (if any).

Have a great cruise!

In Mazatlán, we always do Stone Island. You take a short water taxi ride on your own. El Velero is one of the first places (if not THE first place) you hit. It is right where the venders set up on the beach. The owner is great about keeping venders away. Order drinks, and food, and stay all day! Estevan can set up any activities you want to do (if any).

Have a great cruise!

Thanks! Is it a quiet, peaceful setting or a place with lots of people doing lots of activities?

I can't answer your question but I'm subscribing to your thread:D We are also sailing the Ruby on December 9. On our 2015 cruise we did the Yelpa and Banderos Bay tour in PV. Beautiful! Appx 40 people in our group. You begin with snorkeling and kayaking at Mahajuitas Beach. We were only there 45-60 minutes (definitely felt rushed). Then a tasty lunch on board the catamaran.

We were dropped off on the south side of Yelpa and guided on a walk to a waterfall. Very peaceful and beautiful. You hike around and thru the quaint village of Yelpa. Then on to the beach with restaurant/bar, lounge chairs and umbrellas. I'm going to try to post a few pics. Anxious to hear other experiences!

We did city tours at the other 2 ports....It will be all beaches next time;)

PC080202.jpg.b6b4fd206e7fb29254c8bc0592858e88.jpg

PC080227.jpg.dc10e7080f94b3fd9a26562419af14db.jpg

PC080219.jpg.b8d624e2ad1e1ef32c43f6a2f4f06566.jpg

PC080220.jpg.d9c598e75ef978bf67ec55b5683643bc.jpg

PC080228.jpg.a8952f93a2d2143e138e40bbc20383bf.jpg

ZonaCruiser -

Thanks! This will be or first Mexico cruise and our first time to any of these ports so we very much appreciate your comments and great pics!

We also ope to learn lots more of what can decide on the right things to do - or not do - that best match our interests. For us our priority definitely is R&R surrounded by beautiful scenery.

BTW - we lived in Tucson for 10 years and our DD and DSIL - who will be joining us on this cruise - live in Phoenix.

KruzeKrazy

Tucson is our 2nd home. We r insurance adjusters and handle a lot of hail claims down there. It has been crazy there the past 3-4 years.

You will love PV. We have a beach home in Rocky Point and the scenery is very similar in Cabos. Well except for the natural bridge. I wasn't impressed with Mazatlan. I think we'll try Stone Island this time.

What date are you going?

Never mind KruzeKrazy. I just found you on our roll call:D We will be KruzeKousins!

We're thinking Stone Island for Mazatlan as well. Only concern if it's more about party place than a beach/scenery/R&R place.

But seems most say that's the place to go in Mazatlan.

There are activities if you want. The way I told you was definitely not an excursion of any kind. It will cost you $3 per person round trip. There are the usual venders but we go to a place called El Velero. The owner does a good job of keeping venders out. We have been coming here for 10 years on ships. It is not a party beach (at least I don't think), we have brought our kids and kids grandparents before. My husband and I have a joke, "If we are ever missing, you can find us at Stone Island".

There are activities if you want. The way I told you was definitely not an excursion of any kind. It will cost you $3 per person round trip. There are the usual venders but we go to a place called El Velero. The owner does a good job of keeping venders out. We have been coming here for 10 years on ships. It is not a party beach (at least I don't think), we have brought our kids and kids grandparents before. My husband and I have a joke, "If we are ever missing, you can find us at Stone Island".

Thanks! That's what we'd be thinking for Stone Island on our own water taxi day and definitely at El Velero.

By the way - we used to live in San Ramon and all 3 of our kids did Blue Devils. In fact our eldest daughter has 2 DCI world championship rings!

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

Thanks! That's what we'd be thinking for Stone Island on our own water taxi day and definitely at El Velero.

By the way - we used to live in San Ramon and all 3 of our kids did Blue Devils. In fact our eldest daughter has 2 DCI world championship rings!

Wow!! What a small world! My son played trumpet for CHS, and was assistant drum major. We are band geeks! But it has payed off. He is now going in to the Navy Special Forces program (next month) and we attribute part of that to band.

Wow!! What a small world! My son played trumpet for CHS, and was assistant drum major. We are band geeks! But it has payed off. He is now going in to the Navy Special Forces program (next month) and we attribute part of that to band.

We agree! Band geekdom is a good thing and band kids are good kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you get on the ferry? and how long is the trip from the cruise port? Chairs? and many more questions, i am sure!

I agree with Stone Island. Wide hard sand beach. lots of restaurants where you use their chairs if you drink or eat there - you can rent all kinds of sports equipment or just wade out into the water.

I don't remember it being super noisy or super quiet. I only know it was really nice and pretty rustic and not busy at all the day we were there

Where do you get on the ferry? and how long is the trip from the cruise port? Chairs? and many more questions, i am sure!

No ferries that I know of except for the excursion barges. To get to the water taxi walk out the terminal gate, make a left and go about two blocks. Slightly to your left is a gravel road maybe 100 yds to the taxi booth. Maybe a three minute ride across to the other side. Get off the water taxi and walk straight over the ridge to the beach. Turn left and pick a spot. We like Lety's which is down the beach about a ten minute walk. Look at google map and you'll get the layout.