Allure of the seas - no cost restaurants/activities?

Curlyq12

This is our first RCL cruise and I'm wondering if there are many no cost food/restaurant options and activities. I'm sure there's a buffet on or around the pool deck(s) but what else is free? Do they have an ice cream place that is free? What about things like sushi, pizza, burrito/taco bar?? On Carnival, most food places were free but I'm getting a sense that there are a of "for pay" food and activity options with RCL. Feedback?

Natalie

Canadian cruiser

Free:

Main Dining room (Silk, The Grand, American Icon)

Windjammer marketplace Buffet

Cafe Promenade (sandwiches, desserts)

Sorrento's Pizza (promenade deck)

Boardwalk Dog House

Boardwalk Donut House

Johnny Rockets (breakfast is complimentary)

Vitality Spa Cafe

Solarium Bistro (breakfast and lunch are complimentary)

Wipeout Cafe

Frozen Yogurt (deck 15)

Coastal Kitchen (free but open to suite guests only)

Room Service

Park Cafe

Fee:

Giovanni's

Chop's

Izumi

Starbucks

Johnny Rocket's

Sabor

Cups and Scoops

Vintages

150 Central Park

Chef's Table

Samba Grill

There are several, at least four, production shows that are free but you need to make reservations on your cruise planner well before your cruise date. There are several late night bands, karaoke, and entertainment well into the 2 am hour. Our last cruise on Oasis the pub had a guitar player one night that performed until after 3 am.. happy cruising

Due to their size there is probably more free stuff to do on Oasis class ships than most, if not all, other classes of ship!

We felt no need to pay for any of the speciality restaurants or activities that were an extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several, at least four, production shows that are free but you need to make reservations on your cruise planner well before your cruise date. There are several late night bands, karaoke, and entertainment well into the 2 am hour. Our last cruise on Oasis the pub had a guitar player one night that performed until after 3 am.. happy cruising

Just to be sure this is clear to the OP, all entertainment on board is free - there are no entertainment venues that charge a fee. :) You can also reserve on board based on availability, or go to any venue as a walk up for any no-shows or unreserved seats.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just to be sure this is clear to the OP, all entertainment on board is free - there are no entertainment venues that charge a fee. :) You can also reserve on board based on availability, or go to any venue as a walk up for any no-shows or unreserved seats.

I almost wrote this but there are a couple of pay for activities on Oasis class ship I think, like cup cake decorating classes and they also on some ships/sailings they have a speakeasy type party. Those were the only 2 things I could think of though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curlyq12

Allure of the seas - no cost restaurants/activities?

This is our first RCL cruise and I'm wondering if there are many no cost food/restaurant options and activities. I'm sure there's a buffet on or around the pool deck(s) but what else is free? Do they have an ice cream place that is free? What about things like sushi, pizza, burrito/taco bar?? On Carnival, most food places were free but I'm getting a sense that there are a of "for pay" food and activity options with RCL. Feedback?

Natalie

Canadian cruiser

Free:

Main Dining room (Silk, The Grand, American Icon)

Windjammer marketplace Buffet

Cafe Promenade (sandwiches, desserts)

Sorrento's Pizza (promenade deck)

Boardwalk Dog House

Boardwalk Donut House

Johnny Rockets (breakfast is complimentary)

Vitality Spa Cafe

Solarium Bistro (breakfast and lunch are complimentary)

Wipeout Cafe

Frozen Yogurt (deck 15)

Coastal Kitchen (free but open to suite guests only)

Room Service

Park Cafe

Fee:

Giovanni's

Chop's

Izumi

Starbucks

Johnny Rocket's

Sabor

Cups and Scoops

Vintages

150 Central Park

Chef's Table

Samba Grill

Free: Rock climbing, ping pong, pools, Flow Rider, Mini golf, Carousel, Zip line, Ice skating, parade, basketball court... activities like Trivia, board games, shows (Aqua, Ice, Momma Mia, Comedy...) game shows like Love and Marriage, Majority Rules, Finish The Lyric, The Quest... TONS of free activities-too many to list.

Fee:

Spa treatments, some ship tours, wine tastings, excursions, video arcade...