Allure vs. Oasis

Shippy

We have a chance of taking a cruise on the Allure or Oasis this September.

I think the itineraries are the same. The price would be the same.

We would be looking at the cheapest oceanview balcony rooms.

Is their any real difference between these ships?

Which one would you choose & why ?

thanks

On Oasis Boardwalk you have Sea Food Shack; On Allure you have Rita's Cantina. On Oasis you have Hairspray in the Theater; on Allure u have Chicago. The Aqua show is different, so these are the few differences. they both have the Dreamworks Experience, and the Royal Promenades are the same.

Essentially they are the same boat. You will have almost the exact same experience on both. Book based on either the itinerary you want, or based on the day they set sail. Due to always having to go back to work on Monday's my wife and I prefer Sat to Sat cruises which is the Oasis so that we have a day to recover at home before the grind begins again. I believe the Allure is a Sun to Sunday cruise. You cant go wrong with either and you most likely wont be able to tell one apart from the other.

I believe the Oasis sails on Saturday and the Allure sails on Sunday. We are going to be on the Oasis in September and it will require us to fly out on Friday so I will need to miss an extra day of work in addition to the one week cruise. I got such a good deal on the Oasis however, it makes up for the missed day of work.

I believe the Oasis sails on Saturday and the Allure sails on Sunday. We are going to be on the Oasis in September and it will require us to fly out on Friday so I will need to miss an extra day of work in addition to the one week cruise. I got such a good deal on the Oasis however, it makes up for the missed day of work.

Have they added the Hot Dog Stand to Oasis yet? Or changed the Solarium grill to the Samba steak house? Those were 2 other diffences I can think of. Other than the schedule and a couple shows, as mentioned, basically the same ship. I am certain you will have wonderful time no matter which you chose.

OOOOhhhhhh thats what I was gonna say!.....RICHARD SPACEY would make my decision right there!

....he is seriously a show in of it/himself!

I will miss him when I board the Allure next month.

He is SOOOOOOO great and fun!....makes the trip even better!

I have been on the Oasis and am going on the Allure in June.

For you if I had to pick, I feel both are the same - if the Saturday or Sunday

departure is something, then pick from that!

Of the two, I'd say ALLURE 'cause its the newest! Have fun...:)

I am looking at the same cruise.

How did you get such a good deal?

Bill

I am looking at the same cruise.

How did you get such a good deal?

Bill

We put a group together over a year ago. Its mostly two families but our TA booked a block of rooms and then luckily we filled them.

Have sailed both. Both were great cruises. A few different restaurants and shows between the two. Different cruise directors, but that's not a make or break deal for us. Probably the deciding factor would be the day of the week to cruise out; and of course, cost usually trumps all else! ;)

We put a group together over a year ago. Its mostly two families but our TA booked a block of rooms and then luckily we filled them.

cool, that's awesome. I thought you had just booked and you had my adrenaline pumping.

$1000pp for an inside cabin got my heart to slow down.;)

Bill

Alan's not on Alure at the momement, it's Ken Rush, who, IMHO, isn't so great:(

Not so great? I'd go as far as to say he sucked. I don't know why that guy gets the big ships. He sure did love himself though.

thanks

It really is a toss-up, but I would choose Oasis over Allure. On Allure, I thought the best show was Blue Planet, but I liked the Broadway show (Hairspray) and the Aqua show better on Oasis. I also thought the ice show was a little better on Oasis. And as previously stated, and I know each ship has 2 alternating cruise directors, but Richard Spacey on Oasis is a thousand times better than Allure's Ken Rush. Spacey's evolution of dance routine was hilarious.

I've not been on Allure but I can comment on the few unique things about Oasis. Hairspray is a really great show and worth seeing again if you've seen the broadway version. The Seafood shack was just okay but then I'm not a big seafood guy. My son is and he really enjoyed the crab legs. I'm not a big fan of donuts, again my son loved them but I found them fairly stale and a waste of 600 calories or so. A hotdog stand might make more sense in that location.

The wife and I went to the Solarium Bistro for dinner and honestly it wasn't that great. VERY quiet and reserved and the food, while being very healthy, just wasn't worth the extra cost in my opinion. On the last day, we discovered the Bistro for lunch and it's definitely the best kept lunch secret on the ship. Great turkey wraps, lemon salmon, fruit cups instead of chocolate, asian soup. I'm not even a health food guy but this food was really good.

This is great! Thanks everyone for your comments. I was wondering the same thing and will be booking a 'girlfriends' cruise in November 2012 on one of these ships. I'm leaning towards the Oasis based on the member reviews on this board but we'll see.

• 3 months later...

Four of us are planning a January 2012 cruise on either the Allure or the Oasis. Now that so many of you have sailed on these ships, I am looking for help in choosing. They both have dates we can accomodate and we like the St. Thomas, St. Maartin itinerary of both ships. Any updated info on food, shows etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

thanks

Your message is almost 2 months old, but I'm not surprised to see if come up again frequently. You mentioned them being the same itinerary, but they do it on opposite weeks, so if you can't decide which ship, perhaps what week is best for you on the itinerary you prefer might be the deciding factor.

When they built Allure, they did make a few adjustments and corrections to minor problems found on Oasis (relocated the electric outlets in the staterooms, eliminated some of the curbing outside Park Cafe and some of the restaurants in Central Park to reduce the possibility of falls, and I believe that they made a slight adjustment to increase the space between the bed and the closet. The different selection of restaurants and the different shows on each ship may be more of a deal maker and so I think equally good arguments can be made for either ship. Whichever one you choose, I think you will be more than pleased.:)

Your message is almost 2 months old, but I'm not surprised to see if come up again frequently. You mentioned them being the same itinerary, but they do it on opposite weeks, so if you can't decide which ship, perhaps what week is best for you on the itinerary you prefer might be the deciding factor.

...they leave on a different day than the Allure. That makes a big difference when booking cross country airfare. Good thing I checked that !

Archived