Best parking at Port Canaveral?

A La Playa

I am the newest newbie on here. I'm taking my wife on our first cruise in about a month on the Carnival Ship Liberty to the Bahamas for three days. So far, I've only read negative reviews of this ship, but I'm still excited for my trip. I've read alot about parking, but I can't still can't decide which lot to use. We'll be driving through the night from NC to Port Canaveral and we hope to be ready to board with Faster to the Fun pretty early. We're driving to Disney World as soon as we step off the boat at the end of the cruise so I want to park where I can quickly get to my car and on the road. Can anyone give me any good advice?:cool:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a board here called Florida Departures, located within North American Homeports. They deal with this question every day. the fastest, most convenient - but not the cheapest - is to park in the garage at the pier. EM

Agree with Essiesmom that the simplest thing for you is to park at the Pier parking lot. That would cost you approx. $30 more for the 3 day cruise than you would pay for off-site parking where you would have to take a shuttle both ways.

If you want to save that amount go with any of the nearby off site lots we have used often for longer cruises where the daily fee begins to add up for 10-12 day stints.

At PC we use Park-n-Cruise. Thay are very good and we save quite a bit. For just 3 days, though, you might want to park at the port, paying just a few dollars more for the convenience of not having to wait for a shuttle. You'd be on your way to Disney sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where in NC are you? We live on the NC coast, Swansboro, and always drive to Port Canaveral and other FL ports. It is usually a total 10 hour drive (and it takes us 2 1/2 hours to get to 95). We stay at what is now America's Best Value Inn (it used to be an Econo Lodge) in Cocoa, the night before our cruise.

Twice we have met the same couple who drive from Tampa the morning of their cruise. They told us they pay $30 to park there no matter how long the cruise. There is now a $10 fee for the shuttle both ways.

We park for free but pay the $10 shuttle fee. Rooms are clean and they have a simple breakfast each morning.

They can be reached at 321-632-4561 or abvportcanaveral@yahoo.com.

But for only three days it is probably best to just park at the port- which has just been remodeled.

• 9 months later...

Looking to book at Park n Cruise, although the rate is now (10/30/17) listed as $8.95 per day. Does anyone have experience with goportcanaveral.com? My guess is that while the cost of the shuttle is $5.95 per person each way, you have to stop at numerous hotels along the route rather than a straight shot to the ship/lot.

Welcome to Cruise Critic A La Playa!

I enjoyed my January 4 day Bahamas cruise on Carnival Liberty. Strongly suggest that you consider a dinner at Diamond's Steakhouse. Cuisine, service, and ambiance is better than Holland America Line's Pinnacle Grill on their ships. Even as a Senior Citizen, I enjoyed the Towel Animal Theater presentation and I'd recommend that if it's presented during your cruise that you find the time to attend.

Don't be concerned about reading a few negative reviews of a ship or cruise on CC. All reviews, positive as well as negative, need to be considered with "a grain of salt". You will find a wide variety of opinions, even from those who sailed on the same cruise. Keep an open mind, expect to enjoy your cruise experience, and I believe that you will.

This was my first cruise from Port Canaveral and I parked at the garage adjacent to the terminal. Very convenient and "easy in and easy out" was my experience. I'd recommend that site to you as well.