laundry on royal princess

snag

I haven't seen a laundry by the bag special on Princess in years (and we sail a couple of cruises a year). You can send out your laundry but the pricing is by piece similar to that in a hotel. Since we are elite we get free laundry but I can tell you (because the charges hit our folio and then are backed out) that charges for a bag, depending on how stuffed it is, can range from $30 to $50. The on board self service laundries (one per deck - check the on-line deck chart for location) is definitely the way to go unless money is no object.

Edited by capriccio

• 2 months later...

Hi! Sorry to barge in. I be on the Royal in June and was wondering... At the self service area, What type of detergent is used in the machine? Liquid or powder? What about the fabric softener? Does the dispensary supply dryer sheets? And, how much is one load of washing? Drying? What about the detergent, softener, etc?

Princess prices are currently $3 wash, $3 dry, $1.50 for laundry powder. No dryer sheets.

We get a week's worth of washing in one machine. They handle as much as a regular sized domestic machine.

Princess prices are currently $3 wash, $3 dry, $1.50 for laundry powder. No dryer sheets.

We get a week's worth of washing in one machine. They handle as much as a regular sized domestic machine.

Thanks!

I always pack a few single load HE liquid laundry detergent packets into my checked luggage along with a couple of dryer sheets.

We are doing a one-week road trip prior to our upcoming 14-night cruise, so we'll be boarding with a large bag of laundry. I have a couple of "laundry coins" left over from our last cruise - already packed next to the coffee card collection. Having access to self-service laundry is a big plus for us - at least I can control the water temp and dryer heat and know my clothes are not being washed in a huge vat with other peoples clothing. Best part: watching DH trying to figure out how to use the steam iron!

Darcy