Carnival Miracle (Spirit-class) aft cabins

NCTribeFan

I was sure I'd asked this already, but it may have been within an existing thread, so I apologize.

I've already booked cabin 5297 on Miracle. It's an aft, next to a wrap, on Deck 5.

I was reading on the Carnival board that those cabins can get really, really hot. There is only 1 aft on Deck 4 than sleeps only 2 people, and that wasn't available when I booked.

So, I just happened to pull up the itinerary for that date, and cabin 4230 is now available.

And, as expected (I'm glad I booked when I did), they've reclassified the cabins. Those aft cabins now have their own classification and are quite a bit more expensive than they were. That's the main reason I booked so far in advance!

Anyway, after obsessing that it would be TOO sunny in 5297, now that 4230 is available and I'm thinking about moving, I started to wonder if it would be sunny enough!

I know there is more overhang on Deck 4, but considering our itinerary has 4 sea days (the only reason I'm willing to pay for that balcony), I'd be really upset if I have so much overhang and shade that I dont come home with at least some tan!

:o

"Everyone" seems to think the aft cabins on Deck 4 are "the best" but now I'm not so sure I should move.

I like some sun, but I'm not a bake-all-day sort of person. But I was freezing on our balcony (7192) last December when we were in the shade. Roasted when we were in the sun, of course. So, a cabin that gives both some sun and some shade would be perfect.

And, is the aft balcony on Deck 4 any larger than Deck 5?

Thanks to all!

Deck 4 is covered so you shouldnt expect to get some sun.

I didnt find the balconies on the aft hot-- just warm. THere is no breeze to cool you off like a side one does.

Having NOT stayed on deck 4- and only go by reading. Wouldnt the covering keep the balcony warmer then on a higher deck that is opened?

These cabins are gone 400+ days out? What about 6234 or the two above it-- same cabins. 7258 or 82(something) are they gone too? I would be checking for those

WAY bigger balcony then what you have on the aft.

Here is a thread asking the same question. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=750943

We will be in 4232 in November, but that won't help if you are trying to make a decision now. We were very lucky as we snagged that cabin on a past-guest upgrade, and the price has dropped several times since. :D

I will post pictures when we return.

I'm already booked on Deck 5. I do want an aft rather than a side.

I know if there's "too" much shade, I can always find a public area, but the whole point was that with 4 sea days and a balcony, that I would spend most of my time there, rather than a crowded public deck.

Just seems like a waste to pay the money for the aft balcony and then spend my time elsewhere just to get some sun.

I'm getting mixed answers. Some of my roll call members on my past Miracle cruise say take the cabin on Deck 4 and the overhang; others say keep the one on Deck 5 and get the sun.

I really think there's no way to NOT be happy in either! It's just that in other threads I've read, the majority seem to think that the cabins on Deck 4 aft are "the" cabins to have.

It's just that in other threads I've read, the majority seem to think that the cabins on Deck 4 aft are "the" cabins to have.

Why is deck 4 so much better then deck 5? because of the shade? I thought you wanted to get some sun.

If it gets too hot out there--- you go back in your cabin for a few minutes to cool off-

If jsut sitting on the balcony== not caring if you get a tan or not-- then deck 4 is good.

Laundry room is across from 5268- VERY convenient- You can throw stuff there and then sit out on the balcony til its done

We had 6264 on the Miracle, and it was a good mix of sun and a little shade...:) Like Serene says, if you 'need to get out of the sun', take a break and go in your cabin...:p

Deck 4, definitely has an overhang.... Great if you want shade and/or 'if its raining'...;) Me, I like the sun....:D

The Aft balconies are absolutely terrible!! They are hot, you get too much sun or too much shade, noise, vibration, soot, things thrown over from upper decks, no privacy at all from people looking at you from above, the side and below and on top of that, they are too far from everything requiring way too much walking.. ..therefore IMHO, no one should book an aft balcony ... not ever. ;) ;)

Besides, that way they will always be available for me :D

Jan

Well, I moved to 4230. I'm sure it will be wonderful. And I know one of our roll call folks from our first Miracle sailing booked one of the Deck aft wraps. I'm hoping she'll tell me she's next door and we can open the divider to have a super huge balcony!

And if I decide there isn't enough sun, then I will get off my big behind and climb several flights of stairs to the wonderful Orpheus pool area.

The aft cabins are now classified as 8I. So since I booked it as an 8C, my res is showing that I received an upgrade. Since there are so few cabins in this new class, and demand is always high, I'm pretty sure there will be no price drops for me.

I hope your roll call friend is NOT booked in the wrap around on deck 5- -as these are not true suites and are only a bigger cabin (carnival should sell these at a 9A rate coz it trully is a rip off.

The Aft balconies are absolutely terrible!! They are hot, you get too much sun or too much shade, noise, vibration, soot, things thrown over from upper decks, no privacy at all from people looking at you from above, the side and below and on top of that, they are too far from everything requiring way too much walking.. ..therefore IMHO, no one should book an aft balcony ... not ever. ;) ;)
I agree! :D The more people we steer away from the 'aft', the easier it will be for us to book them..!!!:) :p

Serene, she's in a corner wrap on Deck 4. With my luck, it will be the other corner and I won't be able to mooch off her and steal her lounger. :p

Will a lounger fit on your balcony you mooch--lol

2377495180050360393ejGQtE_th.jpg

here is a pic of a lounge chair on the Miracle- deck 7

http://travel.webshots.com/album/146127830RchNhk?start=12

here is an album of the deck 4 suite.

(notice a pic of a shower nozzle-- these turn on in the middle of the night to hose down the back of the ship- wake up and you swear it rained last night--it didnt

Besides the fact that they tell you to not leave articles out on the balcony, it certainly would be counterproductive if you put your swimsuit or towel out to dry overnight only to find they'd had a nice rinse while you were sleeping!

Do you have any pics of the regular aft balconies betwee those corner wraps on deck 4? The balcony is certainly deeper than the extendeds on the sides. That's good for these long legs of mine!

Thanks. I'll ask in the All Things Miracle thread and see if anyone has any.

Waiting to hear if our Miracle Reunion friends are booked next door in 4228 or over in 4237.

She won $10,000 in a slot on her recent Alaska cruise and is now in Las Vegas loosing what's left. :p

I did, thanks. Glad someone resurrected it because it was exactly what I was looking for.

Here's another question. I may be able to talk a friend into joining us. If I ask to be moved to one of the neighboring cabins (4232, 4241 & 4239) that hold 3 people, can Carnival simply bump us out if I end up with only 2 in the cabin?

I'd be so annoyed if I booked this far in advance and then lost my aft cabin because I ended up with fewer people than the cabin will hold.

I did, thanks. Glad someone resurrected it because it was exactly what I was looking for.

Here's another question. I may be able to talk a friend into joining us. If I ask to be moved to one of the neighboring cabins (4232, 4241 & 4239) that hold 3 people, can Carnival simply bump us out if I end up with only 2 in the cabin?

I'd be so annoyed if I booked this far in advance and then lost my aft cabin because I ended up with fewer people than the cabin will hold.

I think the week you are going you would be safe from this happening.

Mostly will happen during a higher peak sialing time. I would tell people by booking 6234 --a cabin for 4-- would probably be moved jsutnot worth the chance=

Archived