Disembarking Port Everglades for UK Flights

RJChatsworth

Last Wednesday we disembarked QM-2 in Port Everglades. Those disembarking had to be off the ship no later than 8.30 am. We were off by 7.40 am, but this did not matter as we were doing our own thing for 3 days before flying back to the UK.

My question is to those who got off the ship the same morning, but whose flights were arranged through Cunard for later that day. The first BA flight to London was at 5.20 pm, but Virgin and others left at roughly the same time. If you were off the ship at 8.30 am what did Cunard do with you then? Were you taken directly to Miami airport where you'd have arrived about 9.30 am. You would not have been able to check in your luggage until 2.20 pm. What did you do all day?

In the good old days you were taken to a Miami hotel where a 'dayroom' was provided to store luggage and you were able to go out or use the hotel facilities. Does this happen anymore, or did they provide a coach tour to a Mall or whatever, or just dump you early morning at the airport?

I'd love to know as part of planning next year and not staying on, but perhaps returning directly to the UK from Miami.

Many thanks.

Because we tend to arrange our own flights, we also make our own arrangements. We did this last year and booked a day room at a MIA airport hotel. We were there by just after 8am and then spent a lovely day at the pool, leaving for the airport at around 5pm. Others hired a car.

We have been in this situation in quite a few ports worldwide. Although we had to vacate the cabin we were allowed to stay on board before transfer to the airport later in the day.

David.

Hi David, disembarking passengers were meant to be off the ship at 8.30 - 9am as it was a us requirement that disembarking passengers got off before anyone else was allowed to do so. unfortunately this didn't happen as planned as there were a number of passengers that decided that the rest of us could wait for them. the final couple got off at 9.45 after the ships company visited their cabin several times and finally threatened them with he authorities. they had to run the gauntlet of a line to get out the deck two door and were heckled and clapped.

I hope they got wet.

Edited by roscoe39

We were flying from Fort Lauderdale at 11pm. We got off (with the big queue!) and took a cab to a hotel where I'd arranged to leave the luggage all day.

Although it was a very wet day we still had a good time, did some shopping, had a fun early dinner in a Sports Bar and got a cab to the airport for 8pm. We walked straight up to a check-in desk, no queue.

Next time, we'd stay in Florida for a few days. I liked what little we saw and would like to explore further.