Problem Accessing Voyage Personaliser on Cunard site

hancogran

Cunard say:

Will I need travel insurance?

Yes, it is a condition of the contract that you obtain travel insurance to cover the risk of you needing medical care on board or in a foreign country. Your insurance must include cover for all pre-existing medical conditions and must cover emergency evacuations from the ship, shore hospital medical costs, and repatriation costs. It should have a limit of not less than £2 million. You should ensure that you have adequate travel insurance at time of booking.

What happens if I do not have travel insurance?

You will not be able to travel without travel insurance. Please ensure you can obtain travel insurance before you book your holiday. It is a condition of the contract that you obtain travel insurance to cover the risk of you needing medical care on board or in a foreign country.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/insurance

We DO have travel insurance for our upcoming QM2 transatlantic but I must be missing something...I thought I'd entered all the necessary information in the VP info a month or so ago, but I did not see anything requesting insurance info. I guess I'd better go back and recheck... and put my specs on :D Glad I noticed this post.

Just went back and rechecked and all I'm seeing is a black solid block across the page that says "Travel Insurance" but there is no where to enter any details. This is how it's showing up on my computer:

Travel Insurance

For US domestic sailings, US and Canadian citizens may present a passport or WHTI-compliant document . For more information, please contact us at 1-800-728-6273.

Please click the button to save your details.

Edited by hancogran

Ok - thanks for this - I wasn't aware I needed travel insurance for this! Does anyone know an estimated cost of this per person?

That depends on whether you want annual insurance or single trip. Also to which countries.

You can get online quotes from some companies:

http://www.money.co.uk/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.htm

Or if you have one of those bank accounts that you pay a fee for, you may be covered by that.

Well I'm totally puzzled by where to enter all the info. I did a google search and found that the Cunard VP normally requests the following info:

Insurance Details:

Insurance Company Name

Medical Emergency Company

Medical Emergency Company Telephone Number

The only problem is that this is not showing up on MY VP.. I'm wondering if it's because I reside in Canada? Oh well.. I'm not going to worry about it. I have insurance and if, when we get to the port, they require proof, I can provide that there. I did not know it was mandatory .. always thought it was something the cruise line recommends. Mind you, I'd never leave home without travel/medical insurance. :)

Sophistikatie - as you are in the Republic I think you would need to use a company based there. Google travel insurance and pick a few to get quotes. Here in the UK insurance from travel agents is generally more expensive. As well as medical cover you would also be insured for cancellation prior to departure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Voyage Personaliser is not working properly. I've used all lower case as the lady on the phone in Cunard customer service instructed me. She tried and it didn't work for her either. She said there is nothing she can do and that I should wait a few days and try again. I've been trying all weekend. It's ridiculous. The error message is:

The personal details that you have entered are incorrect, please try again.

VP is working fine for me (just tried it) so I suspect the problem is something in the back end with how your booking is logged in the system vs. what you've been told to enter for logging in.

By the way, uppercase or lower case doesn't matter for me. I always use uppercase for the booking reference and my name autofills in uppercase or mixed case depending on which option in the browser I choose.

I'm kind of new to using the cruise critic website. It doesn't appear my reply showed up so I'll try again - and if it's a duplicate, I'm sorry.

Thank you so much for your response and for checking the VP system by logging in yourself. I believe you are correct that it is on their end, the way my booking was entered into the system. I hope they fix this soon! I'm eager to login and look around.

I've tried logging in from IE, FF, Safari, Chrome -- nothing has worked. :confused:

I had no problem signing on and seeing my personaliser today, I just think the web site is poor. As is, Celebrity's site....

I'm dealing right now with Princess, Cunard and Celebrity. The Princess site is so far superior compare with these others. It can be very frustrating at times. :mad:

I have found that if you continually have trouble with the sites and then you finally get on, you should do everything you can and print it out...You never know when you might get access again! LOL

Edited by suzyed

The worst website of any cruise line. I sent in my shareholders information and doesn't seem to be anywhere on the cruise personalizer where I can actually see if it was posted to my cruise.Anyone know where this is posted?

You haven't missed anything. There is nothing in the Cunard Voyage Personaliser (or any other online resource that I am aware of) where you can check the status of your shareholder benefit application. Here in the U.S. I have never even received an e-mail confirmation from Cunard concerning my shareholder benefit application, whereas I have received an e-mail confirmation from Holland America.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

Very poor. It does state on the website that shareholder benefits must be sent in prior to cruise and can't be handled once on board. So if it doesn't go through once sent, how are we suppose to know?

Since it goes via Princess Cruises fax system, I know for a fact sometimes Princess loses the fax or disregards if if something is wrong. I usually wind up calling Princess when not on my personalizer. I am going to call Cunard and ask them if it was received.

Well I'm totally puzzled by where to enter all the info. I did a google search and found that the Cunard VP normally requests the following info:

Insurance Details:

Insurance Company Name

Medical Emergency Company

Medical Emergency Company Telephone Number

The only problem is that this is not showing up on MY VP.. I'm wondering if it's because I reside in Canada? Oh well.. I'm not going to worry about it. I have insurance and if, when we get to the port, they require proof, I can provide that there. I did not know it was mandatory .. always thought it was something the cruise line recommends. Mind you, I'd never leave home without travel/medical insurance. :)

We have noticed the same with the VP. We have an annual travel policy but have never been asked to prove that - even at embarkation. All Canadians we know take out travel insurance even if not required by the cruise line.