Shanghai port arrangements

tangoll

Hello, does anyone have any information or knows what arrangements had been made in past Cunard ships' visits to port of Shanghai, for pax not on any paid tours? I think the QE will dock at port Wusongkou terminal in Baoshan, which is quite a ways from center of Shanghai. Were shuttle buses provided to take pax to center of town, like Bund or Peace Hotel, and frequency of buses, and last bus of day?

The QE will reach Shanghai 13 March in morning, stay overnight, and leave early the next morning 14 March.

Thank you.

The year I was on (2014), shuttles were available and they took us to a silk factory which was in the middle of nowhere. It was at least a mile walk to get to the Bund and more to other places (which is fine for some people but not so much for others). Some took taxis to where they wanted to go from the silk factory and back (note the prices were fairly high but the merchandise was good quality). We were docked far from the city centre (about an hour and five minute ride each way) and a taxi to and from the pier would likely be expensive. I heard in other years the shuttle ran to a more desirous location.

When we went on QE in 2015 there was a shuttle provided to the Bund. It was great because we did not have to deviate to the silk factory like they did at other times. I can't remember exactly the frequency, but there was always a shuttle waiting to go to/from the ship.

Edited by alibabacruisers

Hello, does anyone have any information or knows what arrangements had been made in past Cunard ships' visits to port of Shanghai, for pax not on any paid tours? I think the QE will dock at port Wusongkou terminal in Baoshan, which is quite a ways from center of Shanghai. Were shuttle buses provided to take pax to center of town, like Bund or Peace Hotel, and frequency of buses, and last bus of day?

The QE will reach Shanghai 13 March in morning, stay overnight, and leave early the next morning 14 March.

Thank you.

I have a document downloaded from Cunard last year, but I can't find the link on their website any longer. It listed all their ports of call, name of the port and whether or not they provided shuttle service. Here is what I copied from the document, though I cannot confirm it remains accurate:

"SHANGHAI - Wusong International Cruise Centre - Shuttle buses should operate to City Centre - 30 minutes hour each way and usually drops off at Huangpu Park on the Bund - Shuttle Service Available"

Diane

Scrapnana, Alibaba, and Diane, thanks for your replies. If same service as reported by Diane, that's what I needed to know. That service would be perfect, and I hope same would be provided when QE docks in Shanghai on 13 March.