Queen Mary 2 Quebec to New York Oct. 4th, 2016

Jeffrey1950

Busy making travel plans for 2016 one trip already booked Saturday the other still making plans. The fun is as much in the planning as to the travel I feel. Can someone tell me when boarding the Queen Mary 2 on the 7 day sailing from Quebec to New York I notice you board on the Tuesday ( Oct. 4th. ) however, do not sail until Wednesday the 5th. Please, tell me what time boarding begins on the Tuesday and being as the ship is in dock until the following day what time do they begin boarding and is everything open onboard. Thanks !!

P.S how many formal nights on this 7 day trip ??

Busy making travel plans for 2016 one trip already booked Saturday the other still making plans. The fun is as much in the planning as to the travel I feel. Can someone tell me when boarding the Queen Mary 2 on the 7 day sailing from Quebec to New York I notice you board on the Tuesday ( Oct. 4th. ) however, do not sail until Wednesday the 5th. Please, tell me what time boarding begins on the Tuesday and being as the ship is in dock until the following day what time do they begin boarding and is everything open onboard. Thanks !!

We are on this years Quebec City to NYC 10/04/15 boarding Sunday.

States boarding begins at noon Sunday 10/04 and 2 Formal nights.

Next years 10/04/16 cruise should be the same.

Thank you for responding. If I may ask you please how did you book your travel to Quebec did you do it thru Cunard Air or by yourself? Thank you !!

Booked the air myself 9 months ago after comparing Cunard Air prices with booking direct with United TPA to YQB and EWR to TPA.

Glad I did as air to YQB from TPA is now out of site.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for posting these questions. Our first time on Cunard - we picked this because of the Quebec origination and Cunard expperience. Glad to see the ship is in for a retrofit in Spring!

I also am wondering if everything will be open on board during the two-night and three-day stop in Quebec. The day the embarking passengers board will be a turn-around day for us, but it will be just a regular port day for the many who are doing the round-trip from New York and Southampton.

Regarding the two formal nights, according to the voyage personaliser they are on port days: 6th October (departing Saguenay) and 9th October (departing Halifax). A few years ago we had a seven-day cruise to Norway on the Queen Elizabeth. There were three formal nights and two of them were on port days. It worked out all right, but it could be a bit of a rush for those on first sitting.

Unfortunately, it appears the trip up and down the Saguenay Fjord will be mostly in darkness.