Obstructed ocean view on Ruby

lbfluffy

Currently I am booked on the Ruby. We chose an inside guarantee. However my friends are looking into an ocean view. The TA quoted an obstructed ocean view. The cabins he offered were Enerakd deck 216, 214, 212 and 220. I am looking at the deck plans and those appear to be fairly obstructed. Anyone have experience with these cabins? I'm thinking she may want to get more of a view and move up a category.

Thanks

Currently I am booked on the Ruby. We chose an inside guarantee. However my friends are looking into an ocean view. The TA quoted an obstructed ocean view. The cabins he offered were Enerakd deck 216, 214, 212 and 220. I am looking at the deck plans and those appear to be fairly obstructed. Anyone have experience with these cabins? I'm thinking she may want to get more of a view and move up a category.

Thanks

Check out this site...it will show the obstructions (or lack of it) when booking this category. Personally, out of the ones listed above, 212 looks to be the best option. The window is half obstructed by the top of a lifeboat but no additional wires, barrels, stairs, etc. The likelihood of a crew member showing up right outside of your window are slim.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-200-299

Thank you for the website

You know it! This is my bible for booking obstructed OV rooms. We were upgraded to room E403 once on the Crown ... sister to the Ruby and it was the least obstruction we've ever had with this category. There is a picture of some round protrusion on this site. The great thing is, it wasn't obtrusive in the least and guess what, it came down when at sea making for zero obstruction!!! What good fortune ...we loved that room!!