Move over offer

mrsihopes

Not only would I take it in a heartbeat, I think I would call them and suggest they give me a move over offer on my cruise out of SF that also looks to be sold out!! Since we are both now retired and live really close to the port of SF, I am waiting by my phone for that call. :)

Just a tip... And I am not sure if it is true or not- but it seems to make sense-

I have heard that the more move-over offers you accept, the better chance you will be offered one in the future. I have received 2 move-overs. We accepted one (that would be the Mack Daddy), and refused another.

We now have a "move-over contingency plan" for every cruise we book. Our sailing in the Med this summer was sold out, and we thought we might get a move-over- instead we received an upsell (which we took). Had we gotten a move-over- we would have flown to BCN and then headed directly to Italy to land tour for 10 days. We are flexible like that. :)

I have heard this is the same for upsells, too. I tend to believe this, as I receive an upsell offer on well over 50% of my cruises. I have accepted every upsell offer- except for one.

I am pretty sure I would not take an move-over on my upcoming Singapore cruise though. (But Princess- Upsell Fairy- IF you are listening- I would take an upsell~!!!!) There are just too many details, and I would not want to spend 2 weeks in Singapore alone... The offer would have to be really amazing. Also, I am not sure if move-overs are offered to singles. I have received them when I was in a balcony or a mini.

Edited by TracieABD

I don't need mustard! Just give me the ham. (I hope you are happy. You've got me craving a ham sandwich now and I don't have any dang ham!)

That's too bad. My daughter made me a nice grilled ham and cheese sandwich for dinner (and that was before I read this thread!):D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my. I got a moveover offer. Which, due to my job, the MONTHS of planning and some personal visits to friends in the ports and my husband's precarious (good for now but who knows about tomorrow) health, we can't take. Never said no to what amounts to $10K before. It hurts!

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Aug 19,2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 14 days and receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free Stateroom upgrade!

* A one time complimentary dining in any of our specialty restaurants onboard

* Air change fees up to $300.00 per person

* Princess air program will be protected

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30741 but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

* Travel agencies will receive a 50.00 bonus per cabin if offer is accepted.

PASSENGERS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know if upsell offers come more frequently to minisuites? It seems like a lot of the upsell offers I read about are sent to minis...we're in a covered mini for the first time on our upcoming TA, and I'd love to get an upsell (I know, wouldn't everyone?)...just wondering if the odds are better if you're in a mini...

Thanks all!

Does anyone know if upsell offers come more frequently to minisuites? It seems like a lot of the upsell offers I read about are sent to minis...we're in a covered mini for the first time on our upcoming TA, and I'd love to get an upsell (I know, wouldn't everyone?)...just wondering if the odds are better if you're in a mini...

Thanks all!

We have received four Upsell offers, but they were all from a Balcony to a Mini-Suite. We took three of the four.

It's fun to speculate, but I think that's all it is.

Oh my. I got a moveover offer. Which, due to my job, the MONTHS of planning and some personal visits to friends in the ports and my husband's precarious (good for now but who knows about tomorrow) health, we can't take. Never said no to what amounts to $10K before. It hurts!

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Aug 19,2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 14 days and receive:

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30741 but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

PASSENGERS

Congratulations! And I am sorry that you could not take the offer, though all of your reasons make sense.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Also, if they don't get the cabin that they need, they will up the ante! You may want to create a contingency plan!

Thanks all!

Good question but I doubt there is a definitive answer. Some cruise lines, like NCL, have an upset department that you can call about 30 days before the cruise to see if anything is available. Don't know if Princess does the same thing or not.

I think what you're asking about is different than a move over....

Thanks all!

If its a suite upsell then yes.

The thread is about move-over offers not upsells.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Good question but I doubt there is a definitive answer. cruise lines, like NCL, have an upset department that you can call about 30 days before the cruise to see if anything is available. Don't know if Princess does the same thing or not.

I think what you're asking about is different than a move over....

No such animal.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

PASSENGERS

I found the offer made by Princess which my ignorance and other reasons (Refer to my post #40) made me refuse! It was under a pile of other papers. I wonder why!

"IMPORTANT NOTICES

Princess in contacting guests traveling on Diamond Princess 9-day Northern Japan voyage departing on August 28, 2015 with a special limited time offer! We are extending the opportunity to move to an alternate voyage, receive a cruise fare refund and take a different cruise for Free up to 15 days! If accepted, guests can receive up to:

*100% cruise fare returned (in the form of refundable onboard credit

*Take any cruise worlwide as replacement up to 15 days in length for free.

*Receive a complimentary stateroom Upgrade (pending availability).

*Up to $800 per passenger travel change fees covered! (Princess air covered).

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x 30744 but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

*Travel agencies will receive a $100.00 bonus per cabin if offer is accepted.

Thanks for your attention to this notification."

That being the second leg of a cruise, I could have kept the same plane return ticket and visited Japan on the bullet train!

That would probably have been cheaper than the cruise fare (returned) and we could have chosen a cruise up to 15 days to anywhere FREE.

Live and learn!!!!!!

I would make an observation and issue a warning for those considering accepting a move over offer. We just accepted move over offer and were booked in a mini suite. The offer was for a 20 night cruise anywhere in the world and the usual full refund etc and upgrade. We have just booked a replacement cruise and the problem is if you are in the mini the upgrade is very hard to get because suites sell-out so quickly. Moreover they only upgrade you to the base level of the next tier. So On golden princess we would be upgraded to a suite that does not have a balcony ( yes they have them, they are called the window suite). We definitely did not want this so we have stayed in a mini suite. Now I realise this is the definition of a 'first world problem' and I am actually perfectly content with what we have but just FYI if you are considering.

Edited by lahore

I never get lucky with an offer like this. The only thing Princess would offer me is a free trip in a rowboat and a ham sandwich. :D :D

Tony

As a solo traveler I doubt I would get an offer much less the ham sandwich.

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If its a suite upsell then yes.

The thread is about move-over offers not upsells.

Apologies - I didn't mean to hijack the thread...upsells were brought up, and the question occurred to me, that's all... :o

I would make an observation and issue a warning for those considering accepting a move over offer. We just accepted move over offer and were booked in a mini suite. The offer was for a 20 night cruise anywhere in the world and the usual full refund etc and upgrade. We have just booked a replacement cruise and the problem is if you are in the mini the upgrade is very hard to get because suites sell-out so quickly. Moreover they only upgrade you to the base level of the next tier. So On golden princess we would be upgraded to a suite that does not have a balcony ( yes they have them, they are called the window suite). We definitely did not want this so we have stayed in a mini suite. Now I realise this is the definition of a 'first world problem' and I am actually perfectly content with what we have but just FYI if you are considering.

We negotiated for full suites when we took our move-over. Then we looked for cruises with full suites available. Our TA was able to negotiate better suites for us.

Honestly, when they are desperate enough, you can ask for almost anything (within reason) and get it. The worst you will hear is "no".

Apologies - I didn't mean to hijack the thread...upsells were brought up, and the question occurred to me, that's all... :o

No apology necessary.

I think you are right about the mini question. Its seems they do get alot of attention with moveovers/upgrades/upsells. ;)

On a given cruise and stateroom category, are move-overs offered to all pax and it is just first-come, first-served? Or is the offer only made to specific customers. If the latter, could I just call them up if I know someone was offered and offer to take a move-over unsolicited? For that matter, is there a way to tell Princess at time of booking that I would be interested in a move-over if they need the space?

On a given cruise and stateroom category, are move-overs offered to all pax and it is just first-come, first-served? Or is the offer only made to specific customers. If the latter, could I just call them up if I know someone was offered and offer to take a move-over unsolicited? For that matter, is there a way to tell Princess at time of booking that I would be interested in a move-over if they need the space?

Specific customers in specific cabins that Princess usually need.

No way to call. Just need to have your booking marked will accept an upgrade. Thats it. If a TA does a big volume with Princess as mine does sometimes they have an in to let Princess know that they have passengers that are interested. But for the most part Princess chooses the passenger to call.

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to my Aug 8th departure from Copenhagen on the Baltic Capital sailing. We didn't take advantage as we used United miles to fly. I can tell you the ship was filled to capacity and unpleasantly crowded. I would seriously rethink not taking advantage and hop off an oversold ship. IMHO

Same thing happened to my Aug 8th departure from Copenhagen on the Baltic Capital sailing. We didn't take advantage as we used United miles to fly. I can tell you the ship was filled to capacity and unpleasantly crowded. I would seriously rethink not taking advantage and hop off an oversold ship. IMHO

We were on the Regal departing CPH Aug 19th and got a Move Over Offer... As were were at LAX awaiting our flight for our pre-cruise break... So theoretically Regal was packed to the rafters with hot-bunking in steerage. You know, I never realised a cruise ship with 3600-odd passengers could seem so empty.

Just got my refund check. No, we didn't get the best move over offer ever, but we did get the first leg of our cruise at no cost and got a very nice check now that we are home.

Interestingly, we met a couple on the cruise who got the same offer we did and also took advantage of it.

For any future cruises, I'm with the others here--always have a "move over" contingency plan in mind! In many locations I wouldn't mind a land vacation to use the tickets if non-refundable.

Hope you guys get those sandwiches!