upsell

Britter16

April 16 TA on the Royal we took an upsell from an ME mini to a full suite for $599/pp. A great deal for us as my friend was returning from 2 mos in the states and we had lots of stuff and needed the space. also on a TA we tend to be in the cabin a little more because of all the sea days.

We did get a free upgrade for the Royal October TA from a regular balcony to a deluxe balcony. Really, I would have preferred to stay where we were but didn't bother to call and change it.

Two years ago we booked a ten day cruise in Japan and were upgraded, not upsold, from a mini-suite to a penthouse suite on the Diamond Princess. It was absolutely wonderful. This year we booked a mini-suite on the Caribbean Princess for a 12 day British Isles cruise. Although the cruise appeared fully booked from what we could tell, we did receive an upsell offer of $800 per person to an aft penthouse suite. We jumped on the offer and endeavored to make the most of it, utilizing the free laundry service, shoe shine, room service from the dining room on formal nights and of course Sabatini's for breakfast everyday but two. Of course, now that they have hooked us on the "Suite Life", next time I'm sure when we book a mini-suite we'll just receive a note from Princess telling us if we want a penthouse suite, we'll have to pay full price.:)

My next 2 cruises are showing "sold out' date='" so I don't think we'll be hearing about any upsell offers. Oh well, good for Princess's bottom line.[/quote']

Some people are still likely to receive upsell offers. Princess may have overbooked one category planning to upsell some people from that category to a higher category.

NavyVeteran is correct. I have monitored some of our cruises that show sold out, then all of a sudden multiple categories will show up as available again.

My next 2 cruises are showing "sold out' date='" so I don't think we'll be hearing about any upsell offers. Oh well, good for Princess's bottom line.[/quote']

Our last cruise was sold our for many months but we got offered upsells (and took one of them) about 2 weeks before sailing.

Just got my first upsell email on July 26th for our Alaska cruise leaving Seattle on 9/11/2016. Just before final payment(which was 6/28/16) site showed all staterooms sold out except for insides. Then came final payment!!! Well then it was mini suites and suites were still sold out but opening up a few OV and Balcony cabins(by a few I mean like maybe 3-4 in each category). So I thought nope, no chance.

So was surprised that I got the upsell email! Immediately left message on the specific phone and while waiting for a callback, looked online to see which cabins were still available(oh, I was in fully obstructed OV and offered a balcony cabin for alittle over $100pp). Went from an aft deck 8 obstructed OV to a deck 12 midaft balcony!!!! Yep, I took the deal very quickly. Am so excited! I took the Obstructed OV initially to use the extra monies to cover all our great but expensive tours!!!! So no I get the tours for "free" and a balcony cabin to boot!!! So around a month after final payments, just keep a close eye out for "THE" email. I put my call in exactly one hour and 20 minutes after getting email at noon. By that evening I went into online site and only 2 balconies were left!!!!

Now, will wait for that allusive free upgrade?!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh

DH and I were booked in a slightly obstructed ocean view on deck 8 on our AK cruise next week. Got an upsell offer to a deluxe balcony on deck 10 about 5 weeks before sail date - we grabbed it! I don't want to mention exact numbers, but we saved over $700 pp. This was our second upsell. I'm spoiled now!

While waiting the call back from Princess I checked what might be offered - all balconies were listed as Guarantee, so was more than pleased with the deluxe balcony.

Edited by Jessejo

Our last cruise was sold our for many months but we got offered upsells (and took one of them) about 2 weeks before sailing.

You are right--someone on our roll call reports that they got an upsell from a mini to a full suite for the second leg of the same B2B we are doing. They told Princess they'd take it but they really wanted to be in the same cabin for both legs. Princess turned around and offered them an upsell to the same suite on the first leg as well. Their upsell price was about $60 pp per night.

always like to see what these offers are. We got our first to change from an inside to a balcony for 7 days to Alaska for $$579pp Cdn. I will spend my nearly $1200 having more fun on the cruise and excursions.

wonder if that was equal to the regular cost. Not exactly a good deal:eek:

We took an upsell on our cruise to Mexico from a inside to a balcony for $200 FLAT! Best $200 we EVER spent!

That looks like an excellent deal.

How many days? I paid $300 from an ocean view to an aft balcony -7 days Bahamas.

We received an upsell offer 2 weeks ago, just after final payment. We're doing the 7 day Wine Country Coastal in September, booked in the lowest category balcony. We were offered a mini-suite for $199/pp (price difference is $500pp when I look on-line). My wife turned it down- our inlaws are in an adjoining cabin and she figured we wouldn't be able to get adjoining minis. I thought it was a decent deal

dogdoc2002