Move over offer

mrsihopes

We just received a move over offer for our cruise leaving this Sat out of SF to Alaska.

FREE MOVEOVER OFFER 100% CRUISE FARE REFUND

Princess is contacting guests traveling on Grand Princess 10-day Alaska voyage departing on July 30, 2016 with a special limited time offer! We are extending the offer to book any cruise up to 10-days as a replacement moveover, such as: Grand Princess departing September 25, 2016 (10-Day Mexico SFO roundtrip) or any 2017 Alaska Cruise. Receive: * 100% cruise fare returned! (in the form of refundable onboard credit) * Air change covered up to $150 per person (Princess Air protected) Please call to enquire as this is a limited time offer.

Makes me wonder why they are doing this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's usually a group sale. Some groups are better to sail with than others. The worst in our experience are the corporate incentive trips. If it's TAs it's the very worst. It doesn't take a huge group to dominate a ship or venues.

Makes me wonder why they are doing this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess does this quite often. They have it down to a science. They will sweeten the offer until they free up enough cabins to take care of the oversold situation.

Its marketing. They have been doing it for a long time.

On the night before our Full-transit Panama Canal Cruise (2008), we received an offer that was pretty good--complete refund AND air credit AND reduced fare for new cruise we booked in its place.

Unfortunately, we had the shuttle van picking us up at home 4am the next day (received offer from Princess about 8pm):eek: and we were so looking forward to taking this cruise for our anniverary.

Otherwise, we would have taken it the offer...

We figured it was an overbooking issue....

If they sweeten the deal may consider it..... I just got my suitcases out today to start packing..... We are only 3 1/2 hours or so from San Francisco.

might be too late now, you dont get much time to think about it

I personally know how high they will raise the stakes on a Move-Over- as I am a recipient of one of the Mac-Daddy Move-Over offers.

I will try to dig up the details, as I am too lazy to type it all out. ;)

Here it is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

I have even heard of someone negotiating 2 free great cruises for accepting a move over on another cruise.

Here is what we gave up:

- 1 balcony for a 10 cruise to Indonesia (rountrip Singapore) on the Sapphire.

Here is what we received:

- 1 10 day cruise anywhere in the US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Canada in a full suite

- 1 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- change air fees to $300 (SA refunded our tickets in full)

- full cruise fare back in refundable OBC

Bonus

- They added another $500 on the ship (we have no idea)

- Extra dinner in the Crown- above the suite benefit.

It was really too good to pass up.

BTW- We have sailed the two cruises and everything that that Princess promised, they delivered plus more.

Am I reading that the refund is in the form of an onboard credit? You still pay for the new cruise and get an onboard credit from the moveover. This is worded kind of strange to me.

No I think it should be the new 10 day cruise is free.

The original cruise is given back on the new cruise as OBC which is fully refundable.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I think I once got a move over on a coastal, but we were going with friends and couldn't do it.

We did once take a downgrade - moving from MB to ME - same category but less desirable location. We got around 200.00 of OBC for it.

And it was fine with us because I think we got moved to the original cabin we booked. We'd gotten the MB as a free upgrade.

So we got what we paid for plus a decent OBC for a 5 day cruise.

WOW, you did get an offer--the one with the 2 free cruises + the additional.

We just took a "not as great" offer, but still good. 100% cruise fare refunded as refundable OBC (meaning we get a check 4-6 weeks after the cruise for anything we don't spend). The other thing he did was to convert all our non-refundable OBC to refundable...That's nice, but was only a little more than I thought I'd spend between our gratuities and beverage package.

They originally offered a move from our HA balcony cabin to an oceanview cabin, but when I asked the oceanview was not HA. I had also told my TA to ask if we could be in the same cabin for the second leg of B2B (we had a balcony for leg one, an inside for leg 2 and had been trying to upgrade since the day we booked). Since oceanview was not HA, I said no. He immediately turned around and said that if we would go to an inside HA, he could put us in the same cabin for the entire cruise. I took it. Am I thrilled with the inside--no. But am I happy to get $7000 back and still do this port intensive cruise--yes. And I'm secretly hoping that being in the inside will mean that my mobility challenged daughter will be more inclined to get out and move a bit more. It is too easy for her to remain in the cabin with the balcony.

Never had one and not sure what I'd do.

Some sound real attractive, but usually I am so looking forward to my cruise, and being self employed have blocked the time out of my diary it would need to be a very attractive offer. It's also historically been hard for us to cruise more than once a year, (you might not think so looking at my current bookings).

But basically a free cruise.... Be hard to say no.

That is my question? Did they over book or have a LARGE group on board?

Princess does this quite often. They have it down to a science. They will sweeten the offer until they free up enough cabins to take care of the oversold situation.

Its marketing. They have been doing it for a long time.

Not uncommon for a Princess cruise to be overbooked.

Here it is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

I have even heard of someone negotiating 2 free great cruises for accepting a move over on another cruise.

Here is what we gave up:

- 1 balcony for a 10 cruise to Indonesia (rountrip Singapore) on the Sapphire.

Here is what we received:

- 1 10 day cruise anywhere in the US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Canada in a full suite

- 1 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- change air fees to $300 (SA refunded our tickets in full)

- full cruise fare back in refundable OBC

Bonus

- They added another $500 on the ship (we have no idea)

- Extra dinner in the Crown- above the suite benefit.

It was really too good to pass up.

BTW- We have sailed the two cruises and everything that that Princess promised, they delivered plus more.

I want what Tracie had :D :D :D :cool: