upsell

Britter16

always like to see what these offers are. We got our first to change from an inside to a balcony for 7 days to Alaska for $$579pp Cdn. I will spend my nearly $1200 having more fun on the cruise and excursions.

Edited by Britter16
spelling

We took an upsell on our last cruise. We were booked in an inside cabin and took an upsell to a window mini-suite. The cruise had been sold out for a very long time so when my TA called and said there were a couple of cabins available I took one. I had a choice of an OV on Plaza deck or the window mini on Baja or Caribe. I took the window mini (I didn't even know there was such a thing!) and was quite pleased when I got the new booking info from my TA as he attached a check with a note saying he was covering the upsell cost for one of us. What a great surprise!

always like to see what these offers are. We got our first to change from an inside to a balcony for 7 days to Alaska for $$579pp Cdn. I will spend my nearly $1200 having more fun on the cruise and excursions.

That sounds like the normal price difference so not much of an offer.

What ever happened to upgrades for loyal passengers?

long cruiser

Our cruise on the Ruby Princess during 2014 was given a free upgrade from obstructed ocean view to a mid-aft balcony on the Baja Deck. Only free upgrade we have ever received. Never had an upsell phone call from Princess.

I took an upsell last year on the Island to a penthouse suite for $900pp from mini.

That number means nothing until you state for how many days and from what category you were already booked.

I got an upsell offer last week from a mini to a full suite on a 3 night cruise for $199 PP and turned it down. On 3 Nights you only get Sabitini breakfast on two mornings and no specialty dinner which comes only on longer sailing.

There are still free upgrades but Princess has found a way to generate more money by offering upsells. We have received two upsell offers from a cat ME mini to a full suite. First offer was $299/person for an 11 day Baltic cruise. We took that upsell in a heartbeat as our adult DD was traveling with us. The bonus was that only the first two passengers had to pay so all three of us paid a total of $598 for an upsell to a full suite for 11 days. The second was on a 4 day Pacific Coastal where the offer was $199/person. As others have stated, we would only have three mornings in Sabatini's and no complementary Embarkation night dinner so not worthy it for us on a short cruise. That would have been the same decision even if we weren't booked in E731 with the extended balcony and we were traveling with friends in E729.

We were offered an upsell for a four-day Alaska Sampler on the Ruby last year, from a ME mini-suite (lowest tier/fare within the category, D212) to a suite, and presumably we had "our choice" of open suites, so our TA selected a Penthouse Suite, C749. It was $200pp upsell, compared to perhaps $580pp normal fare difference. I jumped on it, and I'm so glad we did: it got us "the premium treatment" about two cruises ahead of when we'd see it otherwise (we had three prior cruises, so not only does a Suite get priority boarding, sailing in a suite on a paid fare gets two points, so we got priority boarding automatically, starting with our next cruise).

We enjoyed it so much that we returned to Alaska on the Ruby four months later, and we're returning to the same suite cabin for a 7-day Mexican Riviera in February.

I got my first upsell from NCL for $750 pp or $1000 pp for the first 2 occupants for a penthouse or the Haven with no additional amenities. This was from a guarantee ov.( 7days to the Bahamas). I called and said if I get something more reasonable, I will consider. A week later, I got an email for $150 pp for the first 2 for an aft balcony (a few days ago). How can I refuse! Will be sailing soon.:):)

Keep the stories coming - love to hear from others.

FYI - this is the first cruise that I booked directly with NCL - did that play a factor? - just wondering;)

Why feel the need to burst her bubble?? If OP is happy about her offer, that's all that matters.

No bubble bursting. The OP didn't take the offer, they are spending that extra on fun and excursions.

And I agree, not much of an offer.

Since we are sharing upsells, another point of reference...

We recently took an upsell from a mini-suite to a full suite (aft facing) on a 16 day Diamond sailing, for $750/pp ($47/day/pp). Aside the from the extra real estate, the most appreciated perk was the free laundry, and the double credits, which put us just one cruise short of Elite. For us, this was a good upsell. :)

That number means nothing until you state for how many days and from what category you were already booked.

I got an upsell offer last week from a mini to a full suite on a 3 night cruise for $199 PP and turned it down. On 3 Nights you only get Sabitini breakfast on two mornings and no specialty dinner which comes only on longer sailing.

12 night Med. The new Lido Penthouse with 3 sliding glass doors, and 40 feet of balcony;) from a mini.

My next 2 cruises are showing "sold out' date='" so I don't think we'll be hearing about any upsell offers. Oh well, good for Princess's bottom line.[/quote']

There are most likely cabins that Princess holds back that you or I cannot see.

There is usually lots of cabin movement behind the scene, especially in the 2 weeks prior to the cruise.

What cabin is that?

Keith it was L721. It was the new cabins installed following the major dry dock last year. It was supposed to have a complete wrap around but in actuality had 2 different balconies. One accessible from the bedroom slider it was 28 ft long and the rear balcony accessible from 2 aft facing sliders. A nice cabin since it has a completely different layout from Princess standard box suite layout.

My next 2 cruises are showing "sold out' date='" so I don't think we'll be hearing about any upsell offers. Oh well, good for Princess's bottom line.[/quote']

Some people are still likely to receive upsell offers. Princess may have overbooked one category planning to upsell some people from that category to a higher category.

We're doing the 1 day Crown, Seattle to Vancouver, then the 3 day Ruby, Seattle to L.A.

So far, we received an upsell offer for a balcony to full suite for $200-229pp, and then another offer to a mini for $29pp on the 1 day Crown. Today we were offered a balcony to mini for $69pp on the 3 day Ruby. Been there, done that with the mini and as much as we'd love to try the "suite life" on Princess (we're fairly new to the line,) we currently have corner afts on both sailings and we want to try those, too. Now if they offered an upgrade . . .