Door Decorations

carma7007

We have magnets with our names on them from group cruises we have done in the past.

Sometimes on those cruise they have a door decoration contest and it is fun to see what fellow passengers do. Many are very creative. Holidays are most decorated.

Something with thanksgiving elements and/or a theme to match the area you are cruising. You can get crafty and make stuff yourself, or get paper cutout decorations from a dollar store. Add magnets to the back and you're set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't put anything on the door that is valuable to you -- just in case someone walks off with it.

Some craft stores such as Michaels sell magnets that you can attach to many items.

I like putting something on the door so I can find it more easily, rather than looking at cabin numbers.

OP is sailing on Princess, hence the link to the discussion on the Princess boards about the doors being magnetic.

OP, have fun. As stated, though, others my take your stuff (it happens, sadly) so don't put out anything you would really be upset to lose. Get yourself some magnets from the dollar store and decorate how you wish. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Which ones don't?

OP is sailing on Princess, hence the link to the discussion on the Princess boards about the doors being magnetic.

OP, have fun. As stated, though, others my take your stuff (it happens, sadly) so don't put out anything you would really be upset to lose. Get yourself some magnets from the dollar store and decorate how you wish. :)

I was responding to "iheartbda."

She asked a direct question.

We cruised more than 90 cruises and never decorated our door. I don't really get why to decorate a cruise ship door but each to their own. :)

Hi J.:)

Don't have4 near the cruises you do but I never have and never will but, like you say, to each their own.;) Thank you for the answer about the doors.

There seems to be a whole door decorating culture on Disney and they go all out, even with something called a Fish Extender. Have no idea about the name. The FE is the hanging thing on the left and they make gifts to put in them. Click on the picture to make it larger.

Disney-Cruise-Dream-Stateroom-Door-Decoration.jpg.ea5e074a16a5236e80319a8be16b54b3.jpg

Littlemissmagic has pictures of what she made in her review. Even if I was decorating, it is waaaay more then I would ever do.:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=589639

Oops, our door was decorated once but Princess put on a sign and hung balloons for out anniversary. We were surprised.

Edited by iheartbda

We cruised more than 90 cruises and never decorated our door. I don't really get why to decorate a cruise ship door but each to their own. :)

I did it once - got the printable magnet "paper" and made a door decoration. For me, this was more trouble than it was worth. :)

Never understood the door/room decorating business.

Never seen it in a hotel or an AI.

Cannot imagine bothering with it let alone packing things to tack on the door or walls. Might be a little different if you had small children.

Edited by iancal

Never have, never will. I sail on a line where this is frowned upon because it disrupts the hall decor of an elegant ship. (The "decorators" can't all be traveling with an 80-year old who has macular degeneration.) At best it's folk art. At worst it's a grade school art project.

Here's an old but still very relevant threat on the decoration topic:

Christmas Cruise has just started on my ship.

So far we have found 4 different cabins whose occupants plastered adhesive Christmas decorations on the walls. We will probably find more this week.

The adhesive has an orange/red dye in it that has seeped into the wall panels.

No chemical on board the ship will remove the dye without destroying the wall panels.

We have already ordered replacement wall panels from Germany.

Until those panels arrive two or three months from now, every passenger sailing in those cabins gets to stare at large orange letters spelling HO HO HO across the wall, as well as large orange blotches everywhere else.

As per the passage contract that nobody ever reads, passengers are responsible for any damage they cause to their cabin.

One of the cabins has already been charged $7,000.

The other 3 cabins will be charged $5,000 each.

Edited by BlueRiband