***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Had a very nice turkey dinner tonight, I made a pumpkin pie and took a cake I bought. Very nice evening until it was time to come home. I kept hearing the weather forecast while we were still there but when I left it seemed to have calmed down. But once in the car I had the radio on and they kept saying it was getting worse, tornado warning, take cover. So I was driving almost 70 as were the 2 cars ahead of me trying to beat the storm and get home. Just about a mile from home bam! wind and rain slammed into the car, completely blocking any vision out the windows. Had to stop, couldn't see the end of the car much less the guys taillights in front of me. One car pulled over to the side, I ran off the road a couple of times trying to keep going. The guy ahead of me kept inching forward so I followed then I heard the hail start. I was so close to home when the guy in front of me pulled over too, I kept going and got in my driveway and garage. I was shaking, so scared. Hoping if it was a tornado it wouldn't pick up the car and hurl me up in the air. So thankful to have made it home, the rain and lightning kept up for a while but now it is almost quiet. Will have to look at the car tomorrow, heard a couple of loud bangs, hope it's not noticeable. Saw on facebook that electric wires were down and trees also in town. Be interesting to see in the morning what else happened. There were tornado warnings, sure felt like I was on the edge of one.

Sharon

Sharon, I was following the weather and I figured from what I was hearing that you would be getting it hard. I do hope that your new auto did not get any damage. That would be a bummer.

So just terrible high winds the past few days. We did not get any storms just the high winds. In bocce sine we only have 15 teams this year versus 16, every team will have a bye. Ours was last night and since we are # 1, each team has to host in accordance of their place and standing. So our team had to host last night.

You were very luck to get home, it is just too bad that you did get caught in what you had. Also very luck that nothing serious had happened. You were in a very valuable situation.

Kathy

Heard the weather service said it was a tornado that went through here, I was sure it had to be with that much wind and rain. But good news is that the car is okay!

Funny even with all the rain the grass was dry enough I could cut it this afternoon. Wanted to get it done since they are predicting more rain tomorrow.

So your team didn't play but hosted last night? What do you do when you host, bring snacks?

You were lucky that you got the game in, seems like last year it rained every Wed night.

Going to the dance place tomorrow night, I will bring a birthday cake and hopefully get a few line dances in. It will be nice to visit with the "dance" friends for an evening.

Sharon

Sharon, I did hear about tornado's in and around your area. Places in Wisconsin really got hit hard. But you are lucky that you did not have any damage either to your car or to your home. Just now I cannot believe how cold it is today, and much rain coming in today and tomorrow.

Wow, that is hard to believe that all of that rain just soaked into the ground. I guess that shows how dry the ground was. So it is good that you were able to get the grass cut.

Well there used to be just 2 people who hosted every week. Then they left the club and we came up with a real fair way so that no 1 person or persons will have to host every week. So now according to your standing, each week that team will host. Since we are team 1, we hosted week 1, and so on. Hosting means that, that team is in charge and keeps score and keeps everyone moving along and on time so the teams are not playing longer that it is scheduled.

You are right about last year with threats of rain it seemed every Wednesday. So guess what, there is rain forecast for this coming Wednesday. I guess we shall just have to wait and see.

So tonight you will be dancing and someone will be having a birthday as well. Hopefully the rain will be over by the time you are going, so you do not have to deal with what you dealt with a few nights ago.

Kathy

Some friends picked me up and I brought a cake tonight. It was a party for me, so it was nice everyone came, well 3 couples that we used to dance with that came. Also saw some old friends there from when Bill and I took dance lessons. There was a substitute DJ and he played awful, loud music. But it was a nice evening, and did a couple of line dances.

Tomorrow my church has a pig roast called the Holy Smoke pig roast. There will be lots of food, a silent auction, a live auction and a comedian to end the evening. It all starts at 3 pm.

The weather was freezing today, hope its better tomorrow. Also had rain today again. No wonder there is such severe weather when its 87 one day and 41 the next.

I got a 30% off coupon and a $10 coupon for my birthday from Kohls, now I have to go see if I can find something to buy, can't let that deal go to waste! ha ha

Sharon

Sharon, a very happy birthday to you. I agree that you cannot let those coupons go by. You always seem to find such good deals. That was nice that you got picked up and did not have to drive. At least you were able to get some dancing in.

I agree about this weather. We had the A/C on earlier in the week and now have the heat back on. Crazy

So today you are going to a pig roast. I hope the weather cooperates for you. I heard that by tonight we could be getting more rain around here.

Shortly I will be picking up my friend and will go shopping with. I take her out every other week.

Stay dry and enjoy the weekend.

Kathy

More rain and wind today again, wish the sun would come out! I went to the pig roast at church, luckily there is a huge room that it could be held in instead of outside like usual. Lots to eat, old time country band for entertainment, silent auction and live auction. Funny thing happened though I just can't quite understand. I was eating with some friends at one of the long tables. After we got done eating I was going to go throw away my paper plate and cup and noticed the gal across the table had her plate sitting there empty with her napkin and cup in it. So I asked her if she would like me to throw away her plate too since I was going anyway, she looked at me and said " why is it bothering you?" I kinda stammered around and said, no I thought I might help you out. What kind of a response was that!! So I left her stupid dirty plate there the rest of the afternoon. Geesh! people!

They had a funny comedian, gave about an hour show, laughed alot at his jokes.

Getting ready for Monday, is your boss still around, tell him to go away if he is, ha ha

Sharon

Sharon, yes the jerk is back for the next 6 months. He said he has to straighten this place out once again.

Well it was good that they were able to take the roast inside so no threat of rain by being outside. What a crazy person who was giving you that crap, when all you were doing was trying to help her out. I guess next time you will not try to help out anyone.

So we never got any rain until, after midnight. Now no rain until Tuesday. They now have taken the rain out of the forecast for Wednesday. Temps in the 60's around here just now.

So in a short while I am meeting up with a few friends to go and visit one of the gals from bunco who has had her knee replaced.

Enjoy the rest of today.

Kathy

Funny when I posted last night, I was thinking it was Sunday night, guess because I had been to church all afternoon! So I got one more Sunday today.

Went to a thing called Fair Diddley today, lots of vendors and food. I didn't buy anything just walked around and looked at stuff. Glad I had worn my winter coat as it was really windy and pretty darn cold.

Oh no, not a whole six months, has he been any better at all since you had that meeting with him and his son?

Maybe next week I will be able to get the tomato plants in the ground and a few more annuals planted.

A friends daughter just had her knee replaced last Wednesday, she was supposed to go home from the hospital last Friday, haven't heard if she did or not. Seems they do a lot of those now, but every once in awhile one doesn't turn out so well. My one knee bothers me quite a bit but don't want to go for a replacement so I just don't go and find out.

I had a robin make a nest over the porch light on my front porch, thought she was done with it but now see her sitting in it quit a bit. Wanted to tear it down since she is making a mess pooping all over but now will have to wait in case she has babies in there.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

Sharon

Sharon, things are slightly better, but he still is a jerk.

I agree about it getting so cold yesterday. I did not have a good jacket for me as I was cold once I got home. Today temps in the 70's and rain tonight into tomorrow.

I remember you going to that fair every year. So it sounds like you did a lot of walking and looking at various things.

So I will take off of work on Friday and Bill said we will be on the road by 10. He is working the morning and taking off the afternoon. What are your plans going to be?

Kathy

Are you going to Michigan again? Good to leave early maybe avoid the crowd. I do not have any plans yet, maybe something will turn up before the weekend.

I finally got my tomato, pepper and egg plants planted today. I have had them in the sun room for almost a month now, at least the tomatoes and they were starting to bloom even. Every once in a while I would forget to water them and they would wilt pretty bad, but luckily they came back and straightened up.

How was that gal doing that had the knee replacement? I haven't heard from anything about my friends daughter or how she is doing.

My sister got a report from her cancer doctor that said everything looked good, she doesn't have to go back for 6 months. She and I were of course very happy to hear that.

Sharon

Sharon, yes we leave on Friday for Saugatuck. Bill said he wants to be on the road by 10 am. It looks like rain throughout the day today. Now rain back in the forecast for tomorrow. The weekend looks good then a typical Memorial Day rain is forecast.

So Bill is having his front breaks replaced today and rotors, to the tune of about $300.

It is good that you were able to get your tomato plants in the ground. I spent some time on Sunday planting a few flats of flowers in planters. So I am good to go with that stuff. However the weeds are coming up every where.

So when we went to visit the gal that had her knee replaced. I was not aware that she actually went back to work just a few days before we visited. So she seems to be doing very well with recovery.

When your sister was living here she did not sound good and seemed to be on a backward spiral. So for her to get that news that she is all good was a nice surprise for you both.

Kathy

Yes, now the main concern with my sister is her heart, she is on that medicine that says it helps you to live longer, so I hope it does.

Ugh, so tired of all the rain, like you, I have weeds coming up like crazy. I need to use Round Up around the house and fence and pull weeds from the flower beds. But it needs to stop raining for a while to do that.

Forgot to mention to you, one of Bill's daughters texted me Mothers Day and asked me to come to her assisted living home for some entertainment she had scheduled. I told her I didn't think anyone wanted me there, but she replied she hadn't asked anyone else and she wanted me there. Well, turns out it is on the day I return from my Niagra Falls trip so I couldn't go. So instead we are having dinner this Friday with her daughter and her daughters 2 little boys at a local restaurant. I was very surprised to say the least. It is not the daughter that is in charge of the Trust, it is a different one.

Was a surprise who won the DWTS tonight, I thought Nomani would win for sure, but she got 3rd place. The Cubs guy wasn't really good enough to win so it was good the other guy won.

Stay dry,

Sharon

Sharon, I figured with the huge build up with DWTS that you would be watching it for sure.

It looks like we will now get all of our games in for tonight. They have taken rain out of the forecast and it will just be cool. We play at 6:30.

So Bill's $300 car repair turned out to be over $1000. It is all stuff that needed to be done, but what a shock. He does not drive far and buying a new car is not in the plans just yet. So hopefully this will be all for a long while.

Well I do remember that daughter was always good in the past, so I am not surprised at all that she did invite you over. So that should be good for a get together. So when are you leaving for Niagra Falls ?

I gained .8 at weight-in a few days ago. Now with us going away and us eating out, it does not look good for next week. I just might skip all together.

Kathy

When I had my front brakes done it cost almost $400, then there was the oil gasket, again close to $400, then the mufflers needed replacement and the ball joint and the tie rod, and the tires,so that was enough money put into a 10 year old car. But if I could have been sure another $1000 would have made it last another year, I would have done it. So hope this money spent on Bill's car makes it good as new!

No rain here tonight either so looks like you are good to go with the games. But better dress warm, as its pretty chilly outside. Was watching the Cubs play on TV tonight and saw everyone dressed in winter clothes, coats, hats and gloves. This is the end of May and it should be warming up, a little at least!

Ever since I got back from TX, I have not been eating right at all, I can't figure out why I can't get back on track. I know I will be up again this week, but still going to go. Maybe I'll get some pointers or hear something that will get me going again.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill's car is 13 years old and the guy said he may only get another year to year and a half. So just like you he had to do some of the very same things. But hopefully it willl be all good now.

For us around here it started raining around 4 and it did not let up. It was cold and damp. So all of the games were canceled. Bill is in charge of that. It was still raining this morning. But now the sun is out and temps in the 60's. I heard rain for tomorrow, but perhaps where we are going it will not be raining.

I usually do pick up some pointers when I stay for the meeting after the weigh-in. But like you I am having the very same issues. I am sure it will not get better with us eating out this entire weekend.

Kathy

It stopped raining here last night so thought you might get your game in, guess you'll just have to make it up some other time.

I spent about two hours this afternoon weeding, my hand is sore from pulling weed and my neck is sore from bending down that long. Going to take a nice hot shower before dinner and put on my jammies.

Tomorrow is WW, and I am going, hate to see how much I have gained, I'm thinking at least 4 pounds, ugh!

My pet sitter asked me if I wanted to go camping with them this weekend. They have a big camper, and she said she had all the food we would need and we could sit around the campfire at night and drink wine. They are meeting some people who are bringing them mules to ride and their trainer is bringing their horse and carriage. So she thought I might like to ride in the carriage with the trainer. But I said no, don't think so, not really my thing, camping. Even though it is in a nice travel trailer.

Going to a surprise birthday party on Saturday night and a friend of mine wanted to do "something" on Monday. We'll see what we come up with.

Sharon

Sharon, in about an hour we will be hitting the road for Saugatuck. We heard that there is major construction in Indiana. So to avoid major delays we are leaving early.

Weather wise the temps should be in the 70's now. Rain forecast for this evening. Usually what we get here it moves across the lake and hits there later on. So rain forecast for this evening and then on Sunday.

I do not blame you at all for not wanting to go camping. I do not like doing that either. But perhaps you will do something with your other friend.

Good luck at WW today. Hopefully you will be surprised and will loose weight instead of gaining.

Enjoy and have a great weekend, and hopefully enjoy the weather over the weekend. I will post again on Monday.

Kathy

So you should be back home, hope you had a great time. I did a few things and managed to get some of the grass cut between the rain drops. I will finish the grass tomorrow, weather permitting.

Seems like its been a really long weekend, back to the regularly scheduled things tomorrow. Oh yes, I gained almost 2 pounds at WW last Friday, I knew it would be bad so not too surprised. Funny the topic was getting back on track so if I can keep that in mind maybe I will get back on track.

Sharon

Sharon, we were on the road on Friday at 11 am. We got up there nice and early. We have never arrived that early before. So it was nice. Major construction throughout Indiana. So coming home yesterday, we were on the road at 6:30 am to beat the traffic caused by the construction. That was a good move as we were home at 8:30 and once unpacked we went to bed for a few hours. As Bill had a board meeting at the presidents house and afterwards they had a cookout.

Ouch, that really hurts gaining 2 pounds. Like you said not a real surprise, but it still hurts. Perhaps you will get back on track by Friday. I would not expect much less with me eating out the entire weekend.

So the weather up there was great. We had a little rain on Friday night and it got real cool. But the rest of the weekend was dry and weather decent.

Back to cutting the grass once again today for you. It should be an OK day weather wise. I heard we could get a stray shower sometime toady, but I think for the most part, it should be dry.

Kathy

I did go back to cutting the grass today, again some parts are underwater or too muddy to get to to cut. I had on a flannel shirt over my t-shirt and it was warm enough when I started cutting, but then some really dark clouds came along with some wind and the temps dropped quite a bit. Just as they were blowing over got a few rain drops but kept on cutting till I got it done. When I came inside my friend (petsitter) down the road called and wondered if they could take me out to eat since I had taken care of their dog and several others she had been watching a few times. So we went out and had a nice dinner with some wine. I had eggplant parmesan, never had it before but always wanted to try it. It was very good and I came home with a container of almost half of it, ate too much bread and olive oil.

Seem like there is road construction all over, guess they have to do it in the summer while they can. Good thing you left early on Friday and missed the traffic.

Sharon

Sharon, you must have gotten a lot of rain while we were away. We did not get a lot up there. So if you have spots under water, then that means a lot of rain. Lucky we missed it all.

Well that was nice that you were able to finish what you needed to finish and then go out with your friends for something to eat.

Yes, this is major construction around here in Indiana. So it worked out so well that I will be doing that from now on during a holiday weekend when we are going to Saugatuck. It was much worse going up there versus coming back. Still it was not all that bad as we were on the road early, and did not get all that tied up with too much traffic.

Temps in the 70's once again. But you are right, once the sun goes down it does get really cool. Tomorrow is Bill's last day of work for the summer, as the kids will be getting out of school. So I have no idea what his plans will be.

Kathy

I bet Bill will find something to do, he always does, and that's a good thing!

Had burgers and brats tonight for everyone with the girls. Had a "heads up" warning so didn't eat before I went this time.

My pet sitter is going to a wedding in Minnesota, leaving tomorrow, so I am watching there dog at my house. She will be good company but they don't leave her very often so she keeps looking for them to come back the whole time.

Our town has it's big celebration this weekend, a big 2 hr parade on Saturday, hopefully it doesn't rain, The finals of the bed races were held tonight, I didn't go watch though. A band in the entertainment tent tomorrow night and fireworks on Sunday night. I am hoping to get to some of the things but with the dog I'm not sure how much I can leave her alone.

Sharon

Sharon, I went to weigh-in yesterday afternoon and I stayed the same. I was very surprised as with all of the drinking and eating I did over this past weekend. So no complaints here.

That was good that you had a heads up on the eating last night, so you did not eat anything beforehand. Also good that you will have your pet sitter's dog for a few days as well. So I can see how you might not want to do too much with the dog being around.

Things seem to be really warming up now. We went from winter right into summer. I guess no chance for rain until over the weekend.

So your town will be going all out with festivities over this entire weekend. I have seem bed races before and they are crazy fun event to watch.

So get out and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Kathy

That was strange, had to log in, haven't had to do that since I can't remember when.

It's really warm in the house tonight and no breeze coming in the window.

My friend brought her dog over this morning, she whined for about a half an hour after she left but has ben okay after that. She is a really nice dog so I like her here. The only thing is I want to go to the dance place for a couple of hours tomorrow night to hear my other friends parents sing karoke. They are up here from Florida for a graduation. I am invited to the graduation party on Sat afternoon too so I'll see if I can get there or not. I think they are coming back to pick up the dog on Sat sometime. Depends on if it rains or not.

I am skipping WW again tomorrow, haven't lost anything and don't want to leave the dog alone.

I am getting a cold, been coughing all day then get a headache from all the coughing! Feel pretty good except for the cough.

Sharon