Hamburg airport to Warnemunde?

We'll be doing a Baltic Sea cruise out of Warnemunde next year. Since we'll have already been in Berlin twice I was wondering about the feasibility of flying into Hamburg a day early, then going to the cruise port. What are the transportation options from there? We'll be traveling with another couple but I don't know if they're going to want to fly into Berlin or Hamburg,

If you want to visit Hamburg pre cruise then i would suggest 2-3 days if possible.Hamburg has too much to see for just one day.

For the transport to Warnemünde i would suggest to use the train.It takes about 1:45 to 2:45 hours(depending on which train you chose) from central station in Hamburg to central station in Rostock.From central station in Rostock there are local trains running every 10 minutes to Warnemünde.Train station in Warnemünde is almost directly next to the ship.

I don`t know if there are any private companies offering private transport services from Hamburg to Warnemünde,but for a regular taxi it is way too far.It would be extremely expensive(in case you find a taxi at all who would bring you there)

I agree. Taking the train would be the easiest way to reach Warnemuende. It's a 2-hour train ride and if you start at Hamburg's main station ("Hauptbahnhof") you'll only need to change trains once, in Rostock.

I'd also suggest staying 2-3 days in Hamburg, it's a lovely city with lots of interesting things to see.