Britannia Breakfast

karen21

I am travelling on Britannia for the first time in January 2017

Iam wondering if anyone could tell me are there any Restaurants that serve TABLE SERVICE BREAKFASTS .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Iam wondering if anyone could tell me are there any Restaurants that serve TABLE SERVICE BREAKFASTS .

Yes there are, I think 2 out of the 3 offer this. Your evening restaurant allocation has no bearing on which restaurant you use for breakfast or lunch.

Look in you horizon paper for full details.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The breakfasts in the MDR are my fav. meal on board, breakfast is a messy meal to prepare at home and never tastes the same when you do it your self. I never eat B/fast at home but once on board I develop a cooked breakfast obsession. I do miss the golden triangles though and have fed back to P & O

The breakfasts in the MDR are my fav. meal on board, breakfast is a messy meal to prepare at home and never tastes the same when you do it your self. I never eat B/fast at home but once on board I develop a cooked breakfast obsession. I do miss the golden triangles though and have fed back to P & O

I force myself to eat cereal to minimise the weight gain [emoji53] and salad for lunch [emoji53] still manage a pound a day [emoji24]

The Oriental Deck 6 7.30am to 9am

The Peninisular Deck 6 7.30am to 9am

The Epicurean is also open for Suit guests.

Presently The Breakfasts served on board Britannia are the best in my opinion

The times do vary and queues start for the window tables :D

I force myself to eat cereal to minimise the weight gain [emoji53] and salad for lunch [emoji53] still manage a pound a day [emoji24]

Florry, is the salad selection good? And do they have a good choice of dressings, including low-fat? I read somewhere that the selection isn't very good on P&O.

Florry, is the salad selection good? And do they have a good choice of dressings, including low-fat? I read somewhere that the selection isn't very good on P&O.

I personally think the salad selection is fine, it usually compromises of leaves, grated carrot, celeriac, onion, beetroot, tomato and cucumber. Then there are usually things in Mayo, but I can't recall what because I can't eat Mayo [emoji53] again with dressings I either can't eat them or I don't to avoid calories but there are usually a few at the end. I usually accompany the salad with cold cuts and occasionally a baked potato. To liven it up I also add a dollop of lime pickle [emoji83] There is usually some variation but what I've described is fairly standard, I don't mind eating it every day - I like salad and the convenience of the buffet. I hope this helps, if you want me to describe the hot counter let me know [emoji23]

Just off Brittania. We had the served breakfast once and were pretty unimpressed compared to other cruise ships ( although thus does not impact on our overall enjoyment of the cruise). All fried eggs are really baked eggs and more resemble ice hockey pucks, the omelette was pitiful.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Britannia and wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast in the MDR. Breakfast stopped at 9-00 am which I felt was quite early. The "toast" as in poached eggs on toast was a small round of bread which was quite heavy and stodgy, it wasn't toast as you would get in a hotel. My cruise treat is eggs Benedict but this was only served on a Monday so I missed that. I did enjoy the omelette though I see a previous poster didn't like it.

Yes agree the toast with the poached egg or scrambled egg is weird and not sure why they serve that I always as for egg without.

I do miss the thick toast and the thick toast fried bread do they still serve it on any other ships??

I do miss the thick toast and the thick toast fried bread do they still serve it on any other ships??

It was sadly missing on the Arcadia in early June. It was just a thin slice of fried bread nothing like the thick fried bread we all love. :(

Edited by Scorpio41
Spelling

It was sadly missing on the Arcadia in early June. It was just a thin slice of fried bread nothing like the thick fried bread we all love. :(

Ah we return to the topic of the much missed golden triangles [emoji22]