Britannia - Boarding time for single travellers on Lido Deck

cruisefan2012

I sailed on Britannia last year and don`t recall my ticket having a specific boarding time.

I`m thinking because there is less cabins - 15 balcony & 12 insides - that the 2 cabin stewards will have these cabins ready and prepared for the next cruise sooner then the non single traveller cabins else where on the ship.

I always travel down by train to Southampton the day before and stay overnight at Premier Inn West Quay so would have to check out of the hotel by 12pm...

I would like to ask the forum members that have stayed in the Single Inside and Single Balcony cabins what boarding times you were issued with?

I`m happy to wait if need be but would sooner get straight onboard, unpacked and ready to go enjoy my holiday !!

Edited by cruisefan2012

I did one of the two nighters on Britannia and was allocated an early embarkation time. I was checked in very soon after arrival at the terminal.

As an aside all the people on our club dining table without exception were residents of the Lido single cabins runs, balcony or inside.

Regards John

In a Lido balcony ( but double) on Azura soon and have an embarkation time of 1pm.

Sorry, just realised you were meaning Britannia. Could be very different.

Edited by Scriv

Thank you all for replying - great that Britannia Lido deck passengers are on before 1:30pm !!

I dont mind sitting waiting but as I said would rather get on and start my holiday straight away

Going back to the Norwegian Fjords but this time have a balcony and not an inside like I had on Azura

• 3 weeks later...
I did one of the two nighters on Britannia and was allocated an early embarkation time. I was checked in very soon after arrival at the terminal.

As an aside all the people on our club dining table without exception were residents of the Lido single cabins runs, balcony or inside.

Regards John

Sorry to be thick but what is a club dining table? I have booked an inside single (or at least I suspect that's what I'll get - to be allocated nearer the time). The dining option also has not been booked so I'm wondering what you had and what the experience was like? I am an experienced cruiser, but never travelled alone so the dinner part is the bit I'm not looking forward too.

Club dining is a fixed evening dining time, same table each evening with the same table guests, either first sitting at 6.15pm or second sitting 8.15pm.

Times based on those on our recent Arcadia dining times, other ships may still be 6.30 and 8.30.

Sorry to be thick but what is a club dining table? I have booked an inside single (or at least I suspect that's what I'll get - to be allocated nearer the time). The dining option also has not been booked so I'm wondering what you had and what the experience was like? I am an experienced cruiser, but never travelled alone so the dinner part is the bit I'm not looking forward too.

As Scorpio has indicated; club dining is 1st or 2nd sitting same table and fellow diners. This is often the case when Maitre'D allocates dining allotments and typically all or vast majority on a big table are all solo travellers. I recommend when sailing solo; if you can, ask for a big table and a set sitting time to dine. At least you have a bit of stability with conversation once a day over the meal! Everybody is; initially alone, but often small groups spring up to go to the show after dinner etc.

Regards John.