No tendering @ GSC, Grand Cayman, Cozumel?

I am sailing on the Getaway this Sunday for its first Western Caribbean 7 night itinerary. Looking at the weather forecast there will be 20-22 mph winds at each port on the days we are supposed to be there and 60/80% chance rain.

At what point to they decide not to tender? Do we just miss all of the ports?

I have docked in Cozumel every time and I have been there for some pretty crazy weather when most of the excursions were canceled. Never missed that port. It's a dock; a really long dock.

I have missed GSC almost every time and had another sea day. I have heard about missing GC because of weather, but have been twice and had nice weather. So tenders were not bad. But yes, you could miss ports and you will get reimbursed some port fees if you do. The captain will make the determine the morning you arrive.

Edited by drvalo

I am sailing on the Getaway this Sunday for its first Western Caribbean 7 night itinerary. Looking at the weather forecast there will be 20-22 mph winds at each port on the days we are supposed to be there and 60/80% chance rain.

I'm going to be mad if I can't lay in the sun on this trip!

The ship will always to their best to make their port calls. But, if the weather and seas do not allow tendering, there are not many alternatives on the western carib itinerary. GSC and Grand Cayman are both tender ports. We have seen NCL ships tendering at Cozumel when all of the docks are full. We were on the Star at the dock in Cozumel and the Dawn was anchored in the harbor tendering.

Edited by BirdTravels

I was on Epic for Thanksgiving week last year, and we missed Grand Cayman due to rough waters. Cozumel had lots of wind and waves but they have a dock. That was kind of crazy though, waves were crashing up over the dock, I was surprised it was a non-issue.

Breakaway was scheduled for GSC today and it's doing a "Fun Day at Sea" instead, seas a bit choppy (very light earlier) but windy condition being the key safety problem, according to friends on the ship now (used iConcierge to call us ... on what to do tonight once they get to Nassau for the night) Nephew was on the BA with SIL and others 2 weeks ago & made GSC.

The Breakaway was unable to tender to GSC last week too due to winds - we sailed on to Nassau and could get off the ship from about 6pm. It was a bit windy that day but still a nice sunny day on deck.

Have a lovely cruise and hopefully you will get some good weather :)

We're on this cruise with you - have you joined the Roll Call? I've been watching the weather too. GSC looks to have winds of around 15 mph so we should be fine, Grand Cayman winds are forecast to be under 10 mph, so we should be fine there too. But, those are long range forecasts and the darn weather can always change. We're in the Caribbean so rain is usually in the forecast every afternoon. No worries though, we'll be in a cruise and will have a great day no matter what!