CMV Bringing wine onboard

reilly1

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Going on CMV Magellan on 4th April and wondering if we can bring a couple of bottles of wine on with us for the cabin. Can't find any information on their website and don't want to break any rules! Some lines allow it and some don't.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure about bringing wine on board. Last year we had a few miniatures of whisky and port and nobody checked our suitcase. I would advise the wine and water package as you can take the wine anywhere on the ship including your cabin. It works out that the water is free. The water in your cabin is £1.99 a bottle.

• 6 months later...
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Going on CMV Magellan on 4th April and wondering if we can bring a couple of bottles of wine on with us for the cabin. Can't find any information on their website and don't want to break any rules! Some lines allow it and some don't.

Thanks.

What the rules say and what happens in practice are often different. Nobody has quoted an experience of a person having confiscated take-on booze. Perhaps they turn a blind eye because of the hassle it causes if you are refused?

I took bottles of wine onto the grand QM2 and it wasn't confiscated.

Even if they confiscate it, you should get it back when you disembark.