Le boreals fate is sealed.

Tillylovesseabourn

Tilley, you really should stop and think before you post a thread with such an inflammatory subject. Just think about the impacted passengers and their families not on the ship. Although a serious scenario has occurred....the ship has not sunk and thankfully there is no loss of life. Perhaps you should stick to Seabourn, but guess what, this could have easily happened to any ship, including one of the Seabourn Antarcic voyages. Just be thankful all is well.

I quite agree. We are booked on Le Boreal for next July and hoping the ship will be able to be repaired. Fires do happen and we have cruised on 2 ships that have had engine fires previously - neither of which were old ships. So heres hoping the damage is repairable and we will get to sail on her in due course

Le Boreal has been safely towed to the Falklands. There is another interesting video on the HAL board. I don't know if I can post a link, but will try: Successful rescue L’Boreal footage. (Multi-page thread 1 2) Not sure if that will work.

Or try this link to the video: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=4623316012001

That won't either. Trying again: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=4623316012001

Sorry again! Just got a new operating system, and I'm still trying to figure it out. If you go to the Holland America main board, the thread is near the top of the page.

Once more!! Is this going to work - a link to the thread: (maybe) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281864&goto=newpost

Edited by Vict0riann

Tilley, you really should stop and think before you post a thread with such an inflammatory subject. Just think about the impacted passengers and their families not on the ship. Although a serious scenario has occurred....the ship has not sunk and thankfully there is no loss of life. Perhaps you should stick to Seabourn, but guess what, this could have easily happened to any ship, including one of the Seabourn Antarcic voyages. Just be thankful all is well.

Agree, highly irresponsible.

• 3 weeks later...

Having been on le boreal several times, i question why my comments are inflammatory?.

Just posting the information as it came through several days before you commented.

A real shame that all of you have to be so ignorant and not even read my comments properly. Primarily, i commented on the fact that all passengers and crew were safe.

What a peculiar bunch you are.

Having been on le boreal several times, i question why my comments are inflammatory?.

Just posting the information as it came through several days before you commented.

A real shame that all of you have to be so ignorant and not even read my comments properly. Primarily, i commented on the fact that all passengers and crew were safe.

Your original post was headed: 'Le boreals fate is sealed.'

You then went on to say: '........but it looks like the ship is gone.'

Exaggerated statements at the very least.

'All...so ignorant'?

We 'all' misread your post?

The one that was headed (the primary statement) 'Le boreals [sic] fate is sealed'?

The one that said 'it looks like the ship is gone'?

I don't consider any of us to be ignorant. I suggest you read your post again.

• 1 month later...