Voyages to Antiquity water

Parapara

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if the water on board Aegean Odyssey is now OK? At the beginning of the year it ran a browny orange.

Thanks.

I have been on the Aegean Odyssey five times and very much enjoy the ship overall. However, browny orange water seems to be a chronic problems. No problem on my first cruise that I am aware of. On every cruise since then, there have been some brief times with this unpleasantly colored water. When people have inquired about the situation, there seems to denial that it has ever happened before. I have just learned to turn the water on, check the color, and act accordingly. I might add that I once sent some white underwear out for washing. You guessed it; sort of tan when it returned. Continued bleaching at home did not untan them. Now, I fill the sink with hot water. If it's clear, I will wash my underwear. Although this is an annoying nuisance, I have just booked cruise number six

Thank you Keystone Traveller for your reply. Not what I was hoping to hear. When we sailed on her she had been in dry dock for a month and whatever the problem is ( and it seems to be a major, long term one) must have been exacerbated with little water being used during that time. The hotel manager said it was the water they took on board in Zanzibar and would be flushed out and refilled at next port. If it was, there was no improvement and that was when we suspected we were not being told the truth. Early on it didn't matter whether it was hot or cold water they were both not good ( the hot was terrible) but over time ( we were on board for 5 weeks) it was mainly the hot. I suspected we were not being told the truth but was hoping we were, as we have been thinking of taking another cruise with her because of the very interesting itinerary in an area they often cruise ( and therefore not so many hiccoughs with the shore excursions, hopefully). We were sort of tempted, now we will have to think harder.