Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

I have been allocated stateroom 6010 for a cruise to Cuba March 2018. Can anyone give me any information about noise from anchor chains etc. Not too concerned about the theatre noise.

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Following our recent cruise on Journey I submit the following for cabin 6043 on Journey

Would you choose this room again Y/N NO

Is noise an issue Y/N NO

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller N/A

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

Tiny obstructed view cabin. Dark, not sufficient for two. No table or sofa. Would avoid if possible. Cruised on April 22 Journey Mumbai/Mumbai 20 days of cramped accommodation. Tiny bathroom.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Journey, cabin 4005. My only complaint was the very small, tiny shower with a curtain that liked to hug me throughout. Noise was not too bad considering we were directly below the Cabaret. I would sail in this cabin again, though I would prefer a balcony.

I was on the Journey, cabin 4005. My only complaint was the very small, tiny shower with a curtain that liked to hug me throughout. Noise was not too bad considering we were directly below the Cabaret. I would sail in this cabin again, though I would prefer a balcony.

The shower curtain is still problematic in the balcony cabins.

I think maybe the long rectangular design is the problem , as we have recently been in a cabin where the shower was a semi circular design. At no time did the shower curtain move!

Cabin number : 8040 (CC suite cat. N1)

Ship : Quest

Month/year sailed : may-june 2017

Would you choose this room again : yes

Is noise an issue : yes : people walking or running heavily on deck 9, chairs scratching the floor. Don't forget your earplugs.....or stay on deck 9 until everything is closed!

Balcony size : normal for the category

Good situation on the ship (close to back stairs but midship), bathtub, bed facing the stern, sofabed for a third person.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Journey CW-Suite 7119 rear (June 2017)

Beautiful cabins at the rear of the ship

Would take this cabin again as pros outweigh the cons:

At the end of the hallway so no noise from people walking past.

Balcony is large and wraps around the living room and bedroom.

Bed is very comfortable and bathroom is beautiful with separate toilet area.

Cons: the rear of the ship vibrates from the propellers and you feel the motion of the ship so not for the gentle stomachs (Something to consider if trying to sleep during docking at port). There is soot from the exhaust on the balcony, so cover all the chairs when you sit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Journey N2. Cabin/suite 8056. There was some noise in the afternoon from deck nine, above. I thought this suite was below the restrooms, but we definitely heard loud scraping and banging (dropping?) noises. This was only in the afternoon, never at night or early morning. We loved the location near the elevator and stairs to the Windows buffet and Sunset Bar. Would probably book again.

Hello

I will be sailing on Azamara for the first time.. I will be on Journey in cabin 7121. I know it is aft. I tried to look back on posts and on the spread sheet and could not find any information on this ship and cabin number. If anyone has first hand knowledge or photos & about seasickness since this is a small ship I would appreciate the info very much

Thank you in advance for your kindness and help.

Kathy

Just off the Quest, cabin 7121. Movement was not an issue for us, but we had the calmest seas I have ever sailed on!

Quest, Category VX 7121

Standard size cabin with a much larger verandah than other cabins. Deck 7 is a perfect location, very quiet. Very peaceful watching the ships' wake! The table is much larger than other balcony cabins so it's easier to eat outside. Unlike verandahs in other categories, the aft verandah seemed to lack privacy; people standing at the edge are very visible, on the sides and up and down. Also, got a very good look at the guest staying in the adjoining cabin through the glass divider as the mirror reflected them into our cabin; please use caution regarding what you are or are not wearing!

We did have soot on our table and chairs every morning, and sometimes the smell of diesel fuel was quite strong.

I've wanted to stay in an aft balcony cabin since we started sailing on the R ships in 2003 and I'm happy I have had the opportunity to do so. If the price was the same as standard balconies I might choose this cabin again, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Thanks, Anne for this spreadsheet, so useful!

We are thinking of booking Journey cabin 6027 and I see there are good comments on the spread sheet. Wondering if anyone can assure me that, as it is an interconnecting cabin, there is no noise issue from the connected cabin?

Thanks

Brenda

Quest, Category VX 7121

Standard size cabin with a much larger verandah than other cabins. Deck 7 is a perfect location, very quiet. Very peaceful watching the ships' wake! The table is much larger than other balcony cabins so it's easier to eat outside. Unlike verandahs in other categories, the aft verandah seemed to lack privacy; people standing at the edge are very visible, on the sides and up and down. Also, got a very good look at the guest staying in the adjoining cabin through the glass divider as the mirror reflected them into our cabin; please use caution regarding what you are or are not wearing!

We did have soot on our table and chairs every morning, and sometimes the smell of diesel fuel was quite strong.

I've wanted to stay in an aft balcony cabin since we started sailing on the R ships in 2003 and I'm happy I have had the opportunity to do so. If the price was the same as standard balconies I might choose this cabin again, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it.

We did book 8093 two years ago when all balcony categories were the same price. I can't wait to find out what it's like.

• 1 month later...

Came off Quest earlier this month. Had 4044 no problems, bed facing aft. We had several tender ports so only noise was the tenders being winched down in readiness to take guests ashore. However, we were usually awake when this happened. Would book it again as it is very handy for either of the elevators to the upper decks and for Deck 3 when tendering.

Also had 8051 on the Quest 2 years ago. This is an interior stateroom with the bed facing aft. Very quiet we did not hear much noise from above. Chose this stateroom as we had visited most of the ports before - Scandinavia and Baltic so were not really bothered about lack of direct view outside. We would choose an interior stateroom again, however, it would depend on the itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number : 4005

Ship : Journey

Month/year sailed : July 2017

Would you choose this room again : No

Is noise an issue : Yes. You can hear the shows in the evening, and sometimes the rehearsals. Terrible noise and vibration when docking/tendering, which started between 6:15 and 6:30 AM and lasted about half an hour.

Balcony size : not applicable

Other comments: It's a forward cabin, so be prepared to feel any larger-than-normal swells. Nice storage in the cabin and bathroom. Deck 4 location was convenient.

Cabin No 8055 CC Suite.

Month sailed: July/August 2017

Would you choose this cabin again: Yes

Is noise an issue: Only slightly. Once or twice we heard dragging of trolleys from Windows Cafe above us at about 7:00 am but it wasn't anything really terrible.

Balcony is typical CC size. Same width as a Balcony but much longer.

Other comments: Very handy for the lifts and restaurants. Good shower.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stateroom 7049

Month sailed: September 2017

Would you choose this cabin again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No. Absolutely silent from above, sides or hallway.

Verandah is above the tender boats and the gangway so we got to see the pilot board each day. It was fun!

Other comments: Very handy for the lifts and stairs. Quick walk each morning to Mosaic on 5 for coffee and then to 9 for the gym and breakfast.

Could not have been happier with our choice!

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin 7029

Ship Journey

Month Sailed September 2016

Would you cabin choose again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal

Comments: Great location near stairs and elevators

Will be staying in 8031 on Journey in May so will report after we experience that stateroom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're looking at a V2 Deck 7 veranda cabin for Journey's July 1, 2019 Norway and Midnight Sun cruise. Currently considering Cabin 7083 on the starboard side.

Starboard because that seems to be the land side for most of the trip (see picture below). Does that make sense?

But the starboard side is the diesel fuel bunker side. If that's going to be smelly, should we switch to port side?

Any other comments on Journey Cabin 7083? It's not on the spreadsheet.

jr-1-jul-19.jpg