Cruisers our age

ssgiles4

Hi. My wife and I are looking at doing an Azamara cruise in the Middle East in 2020. We'll be 29 and 28. Can we expect other couples around our age or is the average cruiser going to be a lot older?

This cruiseline does get people under 40 but not a lot of people. more and more between 35 and 50 but not the norm. as we are all friendly and so many late nights in port you might be fine with it.. but the ship is quiet by 1 am-is that ok?

Hi. My wife and I are looking at doing an Azamara cruise in the Middle East in 2020. We'll be 29 and 28. Can we expect other couples around our age or is the average cruiser going to be a lot older?

Are schedules already available for that time frame? We book out pretty far as well and are looking at new cruise lines to try for a similar time range as you. We looked at a couple of non mass market lines (Viking, Oceania, Etc.) but from reading some boards it seems younger families (i.e. Kids) are somewhat discouraged. Are you traveling with kids are just the two of you? That may be something to consider as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year, my wife and I cruised on Azamara from Rome to Dubai through the Suez Canal. We were in our late 40's/early 50's and probably in the younger 10-20% on board. Everyone on board made us feel welcome despite being younger than most. Elbon is correct in saying that it is not a late night crowd, but it is a great cruise line.

2019 is as far out as they haven scheduled right now. We just are planning to go in 2020. It will just be the two of us.

Honestly I think a smaller ship is better in the Middke East, if it is safe there we will go. But realize you will be in Europe if the younger people there. I seen Dubai and Oman abd doubt inwill ever go back,

We have sailed Azamara once. On our sailing I would estimate the average age to be ~70. There were several folks who appeared to be around 30 and they had an adoreable baby with them. One of our favorite things about our Azamara cruise was all the wonderful and interesting people we met from places far and near. Age really wasn't a factor. Most people were friendly, well travelled, and had interesting lives. We enjoyed getting to meet so many wonderful people and would definitely sail Azamara again.

The passengers on AZ are especially friendly, the most friendly we have found on all the lines we have traveled. That said, the average passenger age is around 65-70, and young people are rare. There can be a nice crowd in the Living Room dancing to disco music after dinner and the show but otherwise, not much focused on the younger crowd. Still you won't be alone and neglected.

The average age varies voyage by voyage. Certain factors can impact the demographics and if you allow me to make a few generalizations...shorter voyages attract a younger guest because they are still working and can't get away for long stretches. Cooler destinations can attract an older guest because they visited the warm weather destinations in their youth and are now looking for adventure or nature, rather than sun and sand.

But these are just broad generalizations and there are many exceptions to these!

We have found that cruises that take place during school holidays generally have a younger crowd. Very few children as there are no specific facilities for them but more extended families with teens and young adults. Azamara also seems popular with people that work in education because of the fewer children on board. We love children but it is nice to have a break when you work with them.

We have found that cruises that take place during school holidays generally have a younger crowd. Very few children as there are no specific facilities for them but more extended families with teens and young adults. Azamara also seems popular with people that work in education because of the fewer children on board. We love children but it is nice to have a break when you work with them.

Hi rages100, that's an interesting point.

Many years ago I was a VP at an educational cruise line, World Explorer Cruises, which went to Alaska during the summers. The guests tended to skew heavily towards educators as well, and you're right...there were few young children onboard, well, except for the odd grandchild, and I mean odd in the nicest way :halo:.