Vibration on Odyssey?

lincslady

We cruised on Odyssey when she was fairly new, and had a problem with noticeable vibration which sometimes woke us up at night. I seem to remember that others had the same problem. We are thinking of doing another cruise on the ship this year, and wonder if anyone who has been on her recently has noticed whether this is still happening.

We cruised on Odyssey when she was fairly new, and had a problem with noticeable vibration which sometimes woke us up at night. I seem to remember that others had the same problem. We are thinking of doing another cruise on the ship this year, and wonder if anyone who has been on her recently has noticed whether this is still happening.

When we first sailed on the Odyssey a few years (3+ now) there was a very noticeable vibration. Last year we spent over 2 months on her and did not have any vibration problems.

I noticed a slight vibration, but for me it was only noticeable in The Colonnade and outside on deck 5. Nowhere else on the ship.

The rest of my party on that cruise only became aware of it when I very kindly pointed it out. ;)

The vibration is not a major issue now - it can be felt in some of the stern locations (Grand Salon lower seating, Colonnade, back of deck 5), but only when manoevering at low speed, so sometimes when departing or moving into dock. After Odyssey's forst season and the subsequent dry dock, I have never felt it in the suites. Or indeed the MDR.

Many thanks everyone. Glad to hear it has been sorted; it was only really important in the suites - not good to be woken up in the middle of the night.

I'd been very concerned about it prior to our cruise which was our longest yet on SB. It's definitely not noticeable in the suites nowadays and as I said, many people don't notice it elsewhere either.