If you could change one thing, what would it be?

Laylam

We are currently on the Odyssey and LOVING it, BUT, for me the new ships would have a way of flushing the toilet without having to handle the toilet lid.

It is not hard to guess at the majority answer to this - over to you, Markham.;)

At the risk of offending those you are prone to offense, I would like to end

the silly "come as you are" in suite announcements by the CD at 18:00 for the "Howdy Doody Git to Know Yer Neighbors" corridor party and the event itself.

This throwback to the days - the 1950s or 1960s? - when boys were forced to mix with girls in elementary school dances is out of place on Seabourn, a product that is meant to be about relaxation, sophistication and choice, involving an increasingly diverse customer base. Who needs to be told to meet people on the third or fourth day of a cruise, when you presumably have already greeted those in adjacent suites and have enjoyed conversations over drinks, meals and coffee at Seabourn Square, not to mention the activities and other entertainment venues?

From my recent cruise, I know that one CD absolutely loves it (and so persists with it) while the captain, who is expected to tag along, is not so enamored. But fortunately I can scuttle by, head down, and make my way to the Observation Bar from my suite.

So that's my viewpoint, take it or leave it.

Happy sailing!

Maybe we should all just mention the one thing above all others which we hate - I dislike several things, particularly block parties though it is fairly easy to avoid them.

My one above all others is smoking on verandas and in the Observation Bar, and I hope the new ships will have a separate room just for smokers. Can't see one on the plans, however.

Thank you for the reminders, Lincslady and Emperor Norton!

Yes, it's high time to ban smoking in what are now the largest indoor smoking lounges on any cruise ships and on any cruise line- the Observation Bar after 20:00.

Verandas, too.

Happy breathing and sailing!

Yes, to anyone who is listening (or reading) - please change the smoking policy. We are going to go on our first Seabourn cruise in February (all of our other cruises on Regent, Silversea and Crystal) and I really want to like Seabourn. Please don't let our first cruise be our last one!

Funny (sort of) - I just submitted this reply on another thread...

I'm a smoker and I still haven't figured out why Seabourn (or any other line) allows smoking in the Observation Lounge. Even if a portion of the lounge is glassed in and ventilated (not the case on Odyssey) it carries over to the rest of an essentially closed space. I understand why they let passengers smoke on their balconies but the Observation Lounge thing still astounds me (although I do not take advantage of the "privilege" in either venue - I'm strictly a "starboard of the Sky Bar" guy).

We agree with the comments. We have nearly 200 days with Seabourn and have gone to other other lines as a result of the smoking policy. We don't mind the separate area near the sky bar for smokers, but really, indoors, at night in the Observation Lounge!! This is not permitted in any public building in

Australia or most places around the world.

On one cruise a chap with a cigar was almost petulantly lighting up whenever he got a chance and didn't care where he was seated. Complaints saw nothing done and on occasions senior staff sat down and had a smoke with him under the guise of having a quiet word. The bar staff said Mr So and So had over 800 days and could do anything. Interesting rationale by Seabourn to pander to one guest at the expense of many more who are the future of the line.

Block parties, yes a tad trite. Why oh why at 6pm when you are getting ready for dinner? If you have just come back from the pool, you run the gauntlet to your room - head down. Doesn't really worry us if this is how people like to meet but surely an Epicurean type night would be better. At least you could be showered and dressed. What we can't understand is they are usually at the same time as a sail away!! More sail away parties and no block party!!! There have been so many lost opportunities. We have done a lot of sailing in French Polynesia and the sail away atmosphere is fantastic. I think another problem with the work to rule hours of the entertainment staff. Perhaps they need a few more.

Dress code - happy for no formal nights, but a casual jacket is nice in the main dining room, a bit more casual (no shorts or horrid track suits) at

Collonade and pool deck is fine. We have to dress for business and a bit of relaxation of these rules helps with the holiday feel.

We continue to be amazed that Seabourn doesn't GET the smoking concerns. It's been going on for years. Thank you Ka Hona for being one of the considerate people.

1. in -room coffeemaker or Nespresso machine for all level suites ( easy to add)

2. softer and more plush furniture in suites and public areas

I am sad to see that the new Encore looks like it is going to have the same kind of beautiful but stiff-looking furniture which I found uncomfortable on the Odyssey.

Outdoor smoking does not bother me anymore than outdoor smoking at the many smokers' ports people visit, but I agree there should be an indoor smoking haven, like the Europa 2 had, the Herrenzimmer ( where there were also deep, old-fashioned comfie couches for lingering)

Edited by Catlover54

1. in -room coffeemaker or Nespresso machine for all level suites ( easy to add)

2. softer and more plush furniture in suites and public areas

I am sad to see that the new Encore looks like it is going to have the same kind of beautiful but stiff-looking furniture which I found uncomfortable on the Odyssey.

Outdoor smoking does not bother me anymore than outdoor smoking at the many smokers' ports people visit, but I agree there should be an indoor smoking haven, like the Europa 2 had, the Herrenzimmer ( where there were also deep, old-fashioned comfie couches for lingering)

Second the coffee machine.