Tech Tip: Internet Prices (April 2016)

Ubiquiti

The Diamond Extended sounds great for a long cruse. Got a question, we are looking at a 45 day cruise that is also two separate cruises. We're not booking a back to back but, a cruise that shows available at the full 45 days.

Question is if we book the 45 day cruise and pay for the Diamond Extended when we board, does the internet then extend for the full 45 days and not cut off when we get the new passengers for their shorter cruise.

Thanks in advance,

The Diamond Extended sounds great for a long cruse. Got a question, we are looking at a 45 day cruise that is also two separate cruises. We're not booking a back to back but, a cruise that shows available at the full 45 days.

Question is if we book the 45 day cruise and pay for the Diamond Extended when we board, does the internet then extend for the full 45 days and not cut off when we get the new passengers for their shorter cruise.

Thanks in advance,

Yes it does.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on ship's line of sight, if the internet connection is up at all (I've been on-board when it was down for several consecutive days), how many people are using it, etc. Ranges from not working to pathetic to decent - for public WiFi - (for email or browsing). On sea days in the morning it is usually pretty poor as everyone is on their device. Port days after tours have left, assuming no interference from local geography can be pretty decent - not great but useable. 7:30 at night is usually a good time, or so I hear, I'm at one of the bars then :) so have no firsthand experience...

Depends on ship's line of sight, if the internet connection is up at all (I've been on-board when it was down for several consecutive days), how many people are using it, etc. Ranges from not working to pathetic to decent - for public WiFi - (for email or browsing). On sea days in the morning it is usually pretty poor as everyone is on their device. Port days after tours have left, assuming no interference from local geography can be pretty decent - not great but useable. 7:30 at night is usually a good time, or so I hear, I'm at one of the bars then :) so have no firsthand experience...

Good to know. Thank you for the reply.

Per Minute Pricing $0.40

Diamond Extended $399.95 7+ days

Diamond $239.95 7 days

Platinum $39.95 4 hours

Gold $29.95 3 hours

Silver $19.95 2 hours

And as stated above speeds range from: non-existent to I think my 56k modem was about this fast. (or maybe you'll get luckier and get a tier of DSL speed, I haven't on Seabourn).

Edited by Emperor Norton