Current Complimentary Wine List - Sojourn

clarky

I like the Stags Leap Chardonnay, shame they don't have the reds too, but the white will be nice if they don't run out before our cruise.

we've never yet been on a cruise they didn't run out of dessert wine, perhaps we should put that on our cabin stock list and see if that guarantees availability.

Many of the usual suspects but I am surprised to see for the first time a Zinfandel (and no, I don't mean the dreadful white Beringer zin they have offered forever).

We had the same zinfandel on our cruise in March 2015.

I.

we've never yet been on a cruise they didn't run out of dessert wine, perhaps we should put that on our cabin stock list and see if that guarantees availability.

They ran out halfway through the recent Quest crossing and I was surprised there was no attempt to reprovision it (or a reasonable substitute) in the three ports prior to disembarkation.

Good (or even decent) ports always seem to be in short supply. When a group of port fanciers gather post dinner the supply diminishes quickly and the lesser ports are almost undrinkable. Perhaps more of us should note this on our post-cruise comments.

They ran out halfway through the recent Quest crossing and I was surprised there was no attempt to reprovision it (or a reasonable substitute) in the three ports prior to disembarkation.

They did bring on a very nice Albarino and Rioja in Malaga. Unfortunately, we drank those wines dry in one evening.

• 1 year later...

Not sure what you mean - the complimentary wines (not always easy to actually get hold of the list) is a fairly long list, including most of the grape varieties in white and red, and some roses. We generally agree that they are far from being brilliant 'fine wines', but most of us find something drinkable. Certainly no actual obligation to pay extra.

Of course you can pay extra for a better wine if you wish - we did that a few times with a lot of OBC, and were actually disappointed with most of them; wine does not travel well on ships.

On my recent Quest voyage, I had the opportunity to meet Seabourn's new corporate beverage guru. I asked him why passengers were forced to play a guessing game with the inventory of complimentary wines, and why there was not more transparency via a published list. He said he would look into it. The next day, he said it was under review. I'm not holding my breath.

• 4 months later...