Grand European Tour DIY tours

bassfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the first Viking Amsterdam to Budapest cruise of the year leaving on 18th March. Fabulous!:) Great ship - Vili - beautifully clean and comfortable. Staff were extremely friendly and efficient and went the extra mile to help. The food was also very good. The tours were excellent especially with the little quiet box and headphones that enabled us to wander away from the group but still hear the guides. Only one guide was a bit too long winded in her explanations and kept us in one spot for 20 minutes. It got very boring!!! All of the guides spoke excellent English. As far as I am aware no one took private tours. I certainly felt the included tours were enough for us and did not book any extra tours. A few did the extra ones and enjoyed what they saw and did especially the concert in Vienna. With the overnight stay in Vienna we did the Schonnbrunn Palace on our own going via the subway. I hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we did. :)

We have booked the Viking Grand European Tour for August 2016. Has anyone ever done a DIY tour of any of the cities instead of the Viking shore excursion. Any suggestions would be helpful.

We are on the Aug 11th cruise from Budapest. Thanks for all of the suggestions.