Fred check in?

liberty64

I see from my cruise information details that we have been allotted a check in time of between 2 and 3.30 pm, I am just wondering if we will we be able to drop our luggage off before this time, as we intend to spend time around the port in North Shields.

Also, on previous cruises with other lines we have always been able to book shore excursions ages before sailing, I see that we can't book any until 6-8 weeks prior to sailing (frustrating!!) Do they release details earlier on-line than through the post and will we get a notification email?

Thanks

You will be able to drop off your bags a little earlier, but I'm not familiar with this port so I'd be inclined to ask Fred just how early...

For the excursions, the details will begin updating on the website a little before they actually open for bookings so you'll be able to get a good idea of what you want to book, but no, you will not get an email when they actually open and yes, the online service is usually open a while before you'll get the details in the post.

Best advice is just keep checking each day once you get to around the 8 week point.

• 3 weeks later...

There is not much to see or do in North Shields and the port is not particularly near the town. It is a commercial ferry port and a bit out of the way.

Much more availabe in South Shields (Catherine Cookson Museum, Arbea Roman site and dig etc) however it is on the other side of the tunnel so probably not worth the risk of being stuck on the wrong side unless you are coming up from the South in a car but I presume you are not if you need to drop bags off.

There is not much to see or do in North Shields and the port is not particularly near the town. It is a commercial ferry port and a bit out of the way.

Much more availabe in South Shields (Catherine Cookson Museum, Arbea Roman site and dig etc) however it is on the other side of the tunnel so probably not worth the risk of being stuck on the wrong side unless you are coming up from the South in a car but I presume you are not if you need to drop bags off.

Hope this link works. Apparently this mall is walking distance from the pier

quayside mall North Shields

Yes this mall is near the port and is a quaint little place.

I should have been more clear in my reply, I meant things that a first time visitor would want to see rather than just shopping / food hence the reference to a museum and archilogical site.

Yes this mall is near the port and is a quaint little place.

I should have been more clear in my reply, I meant things that a first time visitor would want to see rather than just shopping / food hence the reference to a museum and archilogical site.

Still good information which adds value to the topic. Thanks