3 Carnival Passengers missing in Ocha Rios

KathyPet

Just read a story on USA Today that three passengers on a Carnival ship failed to reboard after a stop in Ocho Rios and cannot be located. American citizens, a mother and father in their 40's and their daughter age 21. They were not on a ship sponsored shore excursion and cannot be located.

Just read a story on USA Today that three passengers on a Carnival ship failed to reboard after a stop in Ocho Rios and cannot be located. American citizens, a mother and father in their 40's and their daughter age 21. They were not on a ship sponsored shore excursion and cannot be located.

Link?

This is scary. Even if they stuck to the most populated touristy areas there is no guarantee that they would be safe, just as it is here in the United Staes.

Ou prayers go out to the families back home that these cruisers will be found lost somewhere on the island and will be brought safely home.

Heard on the radio that these people took all their belongings and checked into a resort.

Just read on the Carnival board that these 3 idiots have been located. THe reason I say idiots was because they were located in a hotel. Evidently they decided they didn't like the cruise and got off and checked into a hotel. Did it not occur to them that if they didn't inform the ship's staff that they were getting off permanently that they would be searched for???

Just read on the Carnival board that these 3 idiots have been located. THe reason I say idiots was because they were located in a hotel. Evidently they decided they didn't like the cruise and got off and checked into a hotel. Did it not occur to them that if they didn't inform the ship's staff that they were getting off permanently that they would be searched for???

details...details. :D

....doesn't say much for Carnival.....:eek:

It could've been any ship/line. :rolleyes: However, that doesn't excuse the fact they didn't notify anyone they were debarking and not returning.

The 3 articles I have read said they were found at a beach villa. No mention of having luggage or checking in. Sounds like they just missed the ship. Said police were hedlping with arrangements to fly home.

If they "just missed the ship" why would they not seek out help? Police, try to find the American embassy or consulate, something? They were supposedly found sitting on some beach-not what I'd do if I were in a foreign country after missing my ship.

Thank goodness they are safe. Jamacia would be the last place I'd pick to exit a cruise.

It was very inconsiderate for them not to tell Carnival what they were doing.

I'll admit it - I was nervous last time I was in Falmouth and I'm nervous going back. Ship excursion it is, if I even get off the ship!

I 100% agree with you!

At age 28 in I made the mistake of going into town midday to the busy shopping area by myself after a tour with DH, my mom and dad. I wanted to buy a watch as mine was broken. Back when I was 16, I was an exchange student in Paris and at 28 I freqently traveled on business to Chicago, NYC, etc. quite a bit, so based on those experiences felt pretty confident that I'd be fine in broad daylight on my own. What a mistake. Nothing bad happened, but I was pretty freaked out. A group of five black men followed me around everywhere I went, in and out of stores, etc. One even tried to get me to pay him protection money to protect me from the other guys. I should have just gone straight back to the ship, but I completed my errand before I did that. I tried not to act scared and be friendly and cordial anytime they spoke to me and asked me questions. I thought this was in my own best interest. For questions about ganga and partying, I just said that it just wasn't my thing. I tried to act like it was no big deal to have people following me. You don't know how happy I was, though, to be back on that cruise ship boat.

Nobody searched the cabin to see if their stuff was still there?

Inconsiderate of the passengers not to inform Carnival....but Carnival should have done a search before getting the authorities involved.

It's like accusing someone of a crime without any evidence.

Inconsiderate of the passengers not to inform Carnival....but Carnival should have done a search before getting the authorities involved.

And how would they do that? All Carnival knew is that three people did not return to the ship at departure time. Next step alert is to alert the local authorities who know the area and may have any information such as a car accident or something of the sorts... Not seeing why you think Carnival should have been searching the island themselves, it was known the three left the ship and no record of any of them returning via the *ding* machine...

And how would they do that? All Carnival knew is that three people did not return to the ship at departure time. Next step alert is to alert the local authorities who know the area and may have any information such as a car accident or something of the sorts... Not seeing why you think Carnival should have been searching the island themselves, it was known the three left the ship and no record of any of them returning via the *ding* machine...

If they check the cabin, and all the luggage is gone and the safe is empty, it's a good assumption that they left the cruise.

It has been reported that they took their belongings with them.

If they were kidnapped, I doubt the kidnappers would have had them return to gather their belongings.

But...people just jump to (erroneous) conclusions.

Not completely off topic, I was in the library with my kids looking for books, and just grabbed 2 different cruise books because I was just curious.... Both of the mentioned on Carnival that if you don't like it, you can go to the desk before your next port and tell them you want off. They'll let you off, refund the portion of the unused cruise and arrange for your flights back home. I had to look because I had never heard of it, and these 2 guide books were dated 2009 and 2010.

If this is still current, why didn't they do that?

Shawn

Not completely off topic, I was in the library with my kids looking for books, and just grabbed 2 different cruise books because I was just curious.... Both of the mentioned on Carnival that if you don't like it, you can go to the desk before your next port and tell them you want off. They'll let you off, refund the portion of the unused cruise and arrange for your flights back home. I had to look because I had never heard of it, and these 2 guide books were dated 2009 and 2010.

If this is still current, why didn't they do that?

Shawn

I thought it was you get off in the first port and they refund the rest? It should be in their FAQs - cruise guarantee or something like that.

Archived