How far out does Regent post schedules on their website?

UUNetBill

Just wondering if anyone had any idea - or if there's even a firm answer - on how far, out Regent gets future cruises on their website. We usually book anywhere from a few months to a year out, but we're planning on taking my mother and her husband on a cruise in the summer of '17 and the website only has cruises out through May '17. I noticed Oceania has listings out through July '17 already, is Regent more hit and miss?

I know things are subject to change and all, but this will be my mom's first cruise and first trip to Europe so I'm already getting excited about choosing a trip for her.

Thanks,

Bill

While I may not have the answer, I did want to comment on how wonderful it is that you are taking your mom and her husband on a cruise. They will probably love it.

In terms of schedules, as you know, Regent and Oceania just came out with some 2017 schedules. September/October is generally when the first half (or close to the first half) of the year is posted. The next sailings for Regent will be through November, 2017 (sometimes they will show December but usually they don't).

I just checked the Oceania website and noted that they only have five schedules for June and July, 2017 (four of which are for their new ship). I suspect that Regent is still figuring out where the Explorer will be after she completes her sailings in the Caribbean in 2017. I think that she will go to Europe but this is not answering your question. My mind is blank at the moment - I am not sure when the second half of the year typically comes out - hopefully someone else will remember. I am fairly certain that it will not be this year but will probably be in the first quarter of 2016.

Your best option is to call your TA and ask them. Hopefully your TA regularly works with Regent and is familiar with when schedules come out. Wish I could have been of more assistance:)

Edited by Travelcat2

Bill,

It varies from year-to-year but Regent usually releases schedules for each half year approximately 15 months in advance. So the schedule for the second half of 2017 should be released in about March 2016. Hope this helps.