Regent - if you are reading, we need a "Mike Moore"

Travelcat2

I read the Oceania board and have learned that Mike Moore (from Regent) has been answering questions for posters. He is apparently so good that they devoted an entire thread to thanking him. So, the only purpose of this thread is to ask Regent for our own "Mike Moore".:)

Yes - his has answered a lot of questions about the website but also has proven to be a wonderful contact for Oceania passengers and should do the same for Regent customers since he works for PCH.

Edited by Travelcat2

Yes - his has answered a lot of questions about the website but also has proven to be a wonderful contact for Oceania passengers and should do the same for Regent customers since he works for PCH.

Hi Travelcat2 - I'm here to assist with issues on rssc.com as well. :)

Wow - so good to see you here! I'd like to try out a somewhat generic question about cancelling ports. While we have very few concerns about our September 16th Istanbul to Istanbul cruise we do wonder how far in advance Regent makes decisions to cancel a port to due unrest, riots or similar issues. For instance, one of our first ports is Lesbos, Greece where thousands of immigrants have been landing and then trying to go on to other countries. While not a threat to Regent passengers, it could be a mess in port. Would something like this be decided at the last minute or ???

Thanks much:)

Edited by Travelcat2

I'm afraid that the questions I'm going to be able to answer are limited to issues related to our website, or factual information - such as bed sizes. :) The answer to your question probably changes based on many different variables, so I couldn't provide you with an adequate response.

I'm afraid that the questions I'm going to be able to answer are limited to issues related to our website, or factual information - such as bed sizes. :) The answer to your question probably changes based on many different variables, so I couldn't provide you with an adequate response.

Perhaps in the interest of customer service, you could direct those questions to someone who might know, or maybe go find out the answer and report back. Regent customers pay a premium for their cruises, so a "white glove" service would be nice!

My favorite book! Mike, I have a website question. I'm on the Explorer in a concierge cabin and about two months ago I was looking at my account and it was asking me for butler like items including what kind of liquor I wanted in the :)room. I thought I wasn't enttled to this, but what the heck I might as well fill this out. Than about a month later it was all gone. I'm in IT - so I'm hoping my choices will still happen :). I hate when good things disappear from my accounts!! That is what a QA environment is for! Similar you have my email address - when the chance to book the cooking classes, how come I don't get an email telling me this is now available?

You all are correct - the inclusion of a private butler was incorrectly stated in the description of the Concierge Suites. Looks like we got it straightened out in one area of the site, but not the other. Please accept my apologies, we'll get it sorted today.

Going to try a more factual question. Do you know when and where the Explorer will be Christened? And, has a Godmother been selected yet?

Afraid not, and I'm not sure when that information will be available. But you can bet that it will be shared on our blog, Facebook page, we'll tweet it and send an email. :D

Mr Moore I would like to ask you a web site question 're the UK site.

Are you able to actually visualise which cabins on each deck are available by specific cabin numbers?

I have only been able to look at the cruise itinerary and see that for example penthouse C grade is available, but not able to locate the cabin numbers that are available.

Thank you for your help, Jean.

Is it just me, or does that concierge suite picture show a huge bottle of Glenfiddich on the counter? If that's accurate, the Explorer is looking better and better! :)

Probably the angle, but we've found that liquor on Regent is provided in liter/quart bottles rather than the more common 750ml/0.75 qt bottles we typically encounter in liquor stores at home...so it always seems large!

Liptastic on the U.S. site. You can see which cabins are available by starting a reservation to see what is there. I'm guessing the UK site will let you do the same.

MM - celebrity will let you see the available cabins without starting a reservation and canceling the thing which I what have done more than a few times on the regent site. Which one is a bit more client focused?

Drib - I'm expecting my 10% off on wine also and excursions because the 5% was applied to my pre cruise trip already.