When is a suite not a suite?

nb125

We tried to book a superior balcony for our next cruise in April but there were none left. After logging off we received a telephone call from a FO representative asking if we required any help. As a result she persuaded to book a junior suite and said this came with the suite dreams package. We found some time later on checking the website that this is not the case. In fact it turns out that for the extra money we are paying we are getting a cabin that is 10 sq feet larger that the one we wanted to book and that's it.

Not very happy about this my husband contacted Fred who basically said can you prove you were told that. Obviously we can't. We can only tell them the date. They want the date, time and name of the person we spoke to before they will even look into the matter.

Although the suite benefits are not much to write home about compared to other cruise lines we thought at least it was something justify spending the extra money.

The moral of this story is do not believe anything you are told over the phone by anyone from Fred.:mad:

We tried to book a superior balcony for our next cruise in April but there were none left. After logging off we received a telephone call from a FO representative asking if we required any help. As a result she persuaded to book a junior suite and said this came with the suite dreams package. We found some time later on checking the website that this is not the case. In fact it turns out that for the extra money we are paying we are getting a cabin that is 10 sq feet larger that the one we wanted to book and that's it.

Not very happy about this my husband contacted Fred who basically said can you prove you were told that. Obviously we can't. We can only tell them the date. They want the date, time and name of the person we spoke to before they will even look into the matter.

Although the suite benefits are not much to write home about compared to other cruise lines we thought at least it was something justify spending the extra money.

The moral of this story is do not believe anything you are told over the phone by anyone from Fred.:mad:

It is misleading to call a perk "Suite Dreams" which is not available to everyone in a cabin called " ....... Suite" but that is explained on the website and in the brochure. Surely FO can identify the member of staff at the call centre that gave you incorrect information because they made your booking! Anyway, if you are not happy can you pay extra for another suite (not sure what ship you are on and whether you wanted a Superior Suite or a Balcony Suite) or explain the genuine mistake and ask for a lower grade cabin?

Hope you get it sorted.

It was a superior balcony cabin we wanted to book and a junior balcony suite we ended up booking.

The person on the phone did not actually make the booking. We did that ourselves on line the same day. Even so there can only be so many people that day who were ringing up anyone trying to book online, so I do think they could have tracked down the one we spoke to but they are not interested.

It was a superior balcony cabin we wanted to book and a junior balcony suite we ended up booking.

The person on the phone did not actually make the booking. We did that ourselves on line the same day. Even so there can only be so many people that day who were ringing up anyone trying to book online, so I do think they could have tracked down the one we spoke to but they are not interested.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just looked at FO website and it is showing that there are Superior Balcony cabins available. Why don't you go back and explain the mix up and ask for your original choice, they are usually very helpful.

Good luck

Looked at the availability and you're right, they are now available but have actually gone up and are now more than we paid for the Junior Balcony Suite. I didn't know they adjusted prices so much which makes it difficult to know when is the best time to book.

To me unless you have a 2 rooms it's not a suite. I think the should call the PH a large cabin--that is what it is. However every cruise line does the same thing so it's not just "O".

For us it is important, because everyone tells why get a big cabin your not in your cabin away---not so for us we enjoy the suite and the time we spend in it.

Rick