Balmoral Cabin 4171

rubydoobydoo

Hi

Have just been allocated cabin 4171 on Balmoral and I wondered if it is as bad as the reviews I have read

Not much I can do about it but I like to expect the worse as it is supposed to be very very noise and the vibration is bad

Will I get any sleep at all :)

Thanks

Janis

Havie cruised on Balmoral many times.

We always book deck 5 mid ships.

I am afraid many cabins at the front and back of cruise ships can be susceptable to noise and vibration. That is why we always book a cabin.

Saying that we had to move from a cabin mid ships both ways last year because of vibration.

Have indeed read a few reports about cabins in that area and they were like you say not too good.

Looking at that position I wouldn't book it.

But look on the bright side you must have got a decent price so maybe just think of that if it gets a bit fraught. Good luck.

Havie cruised on Balmoral many times.

We always book deck 5 mid ships.

I am afraid many cabins at the front and back of cruise ships can be susceptable to noise and vibration. That is why we always book a cabin.

Saying that we had to move from a cabin mid ships both ways last year because of vibration.

Have indeed read a few reports about cabins in that area and they were like you say not too good.

Looking at that position I wouldn't book it.

But look on the bright side you must have got a decent price so maybe just think of that if it gets a bit fraught. Good luck.

I have cruised several times in cabin 4107 and it certainly had no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

We had cabin 4150 for part of this year's Far East Explorer and we found it great, very well-designed with good storage space and comfortable layout. Some noise but nothing too serious and mostly when speed changes on entry/exit of ports. Would be happy to take this cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

When we arrived we were told at check in the cruise was not full so to ask at reception about moving. We did this and was moved to the same deck but much nearer the front, nearer to the lifts, so I really don't know what it would have been like.

The cabin steward did say that cabin was quite noisy though so I'm glad we moved, and we weren't the only ones, reception was full of people moving cabins

Really enjoyed the cruise, not a vast selection of buffet food but what was on offer was nice

The staff were lovely.

I did find the ship a little small for my liking, fine for a mini cruise but I don't think I could do more than a week on board

Really impressed with Fred Olsen customer service though

Janis