Back to back cruise question

Jammy Bun

Has anyone here done two consecutive cruises in different cabins on a Fred Olsen ship? We've just added a mini cruise immediately preceding one we booked months ago - have an outside cabin for the mini cruise but a suite for the next 16 nights. I'm fairly sure the cabin staff will move our bags upstairs, (and in fact we'll manage with hand luggage for the mini cruise, so won't even unpack) but I'm wondering whether we'll have to get off the ship and proceed through the terminal to check in again on changeover day.

Any ideas?

We have also done this and it was very easy,

The crew came to help us move cabins, we were told that there would be lunch served and it couldn't have been easier. Just sit back and smugly enjoy all those having to go home after the first cruise!

Thank you both - I'm presuming then that our new cruise card will be given to us on changeover day. We'll more than likely be leaving the ship on changeover day to spend time in Liverpool (one of my favourite cities) so won't be needing lunch, but thanks for that info stuart101.

Thank you both - I'm presuming then that our new cruise card will be given to us on changeover day. We'll more than likely be leaving the ship on changeover day to spend time in Liverpool (one of my favourite cities) so won't be needing lunch, but thanks for that info stuart101.

It sounds like you are doing the same back to back as we are on the Black Watch. Dublin mini cruise followed by the Christmas - New Year sailing to the Canaries. In our case it is complicated by 3 days in a hotel in Liverpool before the mini cruise as we are travelling up from Berkshire. Will have three sets of baggage - hotel - mini cruise and cruise, leaving the hotel case in the car boot when we check in. Worked fine for us earlier this year on the Black Watch Canada cruise although we didn't have an additional mini cruise.

For anyone wanting a good hotel in Liverpool pre cruise may I recommend the Hampton by Hilton. Location is excellent with good underground parking facilities.

Only just over a fortnight before we set off. :)

Yes, Berkshireboy - you've guessed correctly! Gold star for you!

Hoping the weather will have calmed down by the time we leave. We're on the Lancashire coast and have gale force winds and driving rain at the moment. :)

It's our first time on Black Watch, so we're really looking forward to the cruise. May see you onboard.

Yes, Berkshireboy - you've guessed correctly! Gold star for you!

Hoping the weather will have calmed down by the time we leave. We're on the Lancashire coast and have gale force winds and driving rain at the moment. :)

It's our first time on Black Watch, so we're really looking forward to the cruise. May see you onboard.

Never had a really rough crossing of the Bay of Biscay so far but cannot say the same for the Irish Sea. :)

We'll probably all bump into each other as we change cabins between the cruises!

Got the cruise tickets today for both cruises so everything in place now- ready to go. Fortnight today we leave for Liverpool.

Aaargh... you just reminded me, Thomas Cook rang yesterday to say our tickets for the main cruise were there for collection! It'll have to collect them next week now, as we're off to Prague tomorrow for a few days. Busy busy busy. I booked the Dublin bit direct with Fred, so have downloaded the tickets for that.

We're on Deck 5 for the first two days and then deck 9 for the rest of the cruise. Never been to Dublin before, and am anticipating the seas could be exciting. We've crossed the BoB many times though, in all sorts of weather, and thought the only ship that had a really uncomfortable motion was Braemar. We said never again on her. I think she has a flat bottom:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

We changed cabin on Braemar for a back to back a couple of weeks ago. We were asked to move about 11am as they needed to let the cabin staff get the new cabins ready. We got our belongings out of drawers into our cases and rang reception when ready. A member of staff came along with a trolley to take hanging items and we went to the other cabin in one move.

We were told they could arrange for things to be moved for us if we wanted to go ashore earlier, (as we said we may want to do so), but we decided we should be there ourselves as we had valuables. We just collected the new cabin keys and gave in the old ones. We could even run our account over to the next cruise, so it was all paid as we left the ship.

It gives you an extra day in port as well and I agree with the comment about feeling smug compared to others who are going home icon7.gif

Thank you Tring, that description of the changeover is very helpful indeed. I guess what we do during changeover day will partially depend on the weather. If it's as wet and wild as it is today I think we'll be snuggling down in our new surroundings for the day!

Thanks again