Taxi to Horseshoe Bay

slyster

We are considering visiting this beach for a few hours on our first day in Bermuda. There are 4 of us in our party. From what I have read it's $16 round trip per person if you take the shuttle. So that's $64 for our group.

Would a taxi be cheaper? Anyone know how much a taxi ride to Horseshoe Bay from the pier costs?

The taxi will take you right to the beach entrance. The shuttle stops along the road and then you need to walk down a hill to reach the beach. After a few hours in the sun its a long hard walk back up to the top. :cool:

You are thinking of the public bus. The private shuttles do take you right down to the beach entrance.

1eea1f2c27b2602eb83d6a4f455f5c44.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

One thing with the taxi is that since you have four people, you can get in the taxi and go. The shuttle you might have to wail until it fills up. No biggie, unless you are impatient. :)

I didn't end up waiting long for a shuttle. Like two minutes. The driver didn't actually fill it up completely either but if we had four people we would probably have done a taxi. We had three so we took the shuttle because I wanted to try it out. I think if you have three or more sharing that taxis make a lot of sense.

Edited by Charles4515

Two of the people we are traveling with are in their 70s so I know we can't do public transportation. It will either need to be the shuttle van or a taxi.

The shuttle that drops you off in front is $8 one way??? Thanks again

Two of the people we are traveling with are in their 70s so I know we can't do public transportation. It will either need to be the shuttle van or a taxi.

The shuttle that drops you off in front is $8 one way??? Thanks again

The shuttle service is $16 round trip. You buy a ticket booklet with two tickets for $16. There are some independent minibus drivers that will do one way's for cash which are more catch as catch can.

Are the shuttles/taxis readily available for the return trip too? I have 3 small kids, so thinking that a shuttle or taxi would be most convenient (kids are 8/6/2). Just curious how easy it will be to get back to the cruise ship.

Both the shuttles and taxis are readily available for the return trip. I would take a taxi but the shuttles would work too.

Last Friday (10/9) my wife wanted to take the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. There were none all day...and the transportation coordinator said it was possible a shared ride van might come along, but he suggested she take the bus. As it was our last day in port she decided not to go, fearing difficulty in getting back on time by bus might lead her to have to shell out $35 for a taxi on the return.

Last Friday (10/9) my wife wanted to take the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. There were none all day...and the transportation coordinator said it was possible a shared ride van might come along, but he suggested she take the bus. As it was our last day in port she decided not to go, fearing difficulty in getting back on time by bus might lead her to have to shell out $35 for a taxi on the return.

That is not good. I took it on my Friday departure day and there was an abundance of shuttles at the Dockyard and also waiting for returning passengers. I wonder if the revised Breakaway schedule has anything to do with it. Many passengers may no longer want to venture away from the Dockyard since they have to return early. Were there any other ships in port?

That is not good. I took it on my Friday departure day and there was an abundance of shuttles at the Dockyard and also waiting for returning passengers. I wonder if the revised Breakaway schedule has anything to do with it. Many passengers may no longer want to venture away from the Dockyard since they have to return early. Were there any other ships in port?

Because we had arrived several hours late on Wednesday due to being rerouted back toward the US early Tuesday morning to rendezvous with a Coast Guard helicopter for a medevac, NCL actually extended our stay in Bermuda by two hours Friday, back to the original scheduled departure time of 5 pm. At about 1 pm a Carnival ship docked at Kings Wharf and they were scheduled to stay only until 5 pm. You would think that would create enough demand for the shuttles.

I just checked the port schedule and saw that the Fred. Olsen Cruise Line's Balmoral was scheduled to be docked at Pennos Wharf from 8 am to 6 pm that day. I'm wondering if the vans usually used for the beach shuttles were chartered for the Balmoral's shore excursions.

The shuttle service is $16 round trip. You buy a ticket booklet with two tickets for $16. There are some independent minibus drivers that will do one way's for cash which are more catch as catch can.

Charles - Can you tell me where we buy this ticket booklet? How do we know which vans are the shuttle vans to Horseshoe Bay? Is there a sign in the window or ?

Charles - Can you tell me where we buy this ticket booklet? How do we know which vans are the shuttle vans to Horseshoe Bay? Is there a sign in the window or ?

The shuttles pick up at a spot on the road leading from the piers to the Dockyard proper. There was a sign for the shuttles. They had someone selling the tickets by the shuttles. In June they were located at Transportation Zone 6. Hopefully they are still running them this late in the season if your cruise is this year.

If you are going next year I would be hesitant to rely on what they did this year. Some things change from year to year.

Edited by Charles4515

Look for the mini buses that are lined up by the ship. Was there in August on the Dawn and took the mini bus to horseshoe bay for $7 each way.

This was my same experience when we were there on Monday 10/12, $7 each way. Lots of white Mini Van's/Buses lined up between the two ships, as one filled up, they started filling the next.

When we were ready to leave, we were able to get immediately on, and it happened to be the same driver from our morning trip.

The shuttles pick up at a spot on the road leading from the piers to the Dockyard proper. There was a sign for the shuttles. They had someone selling the tickets by the shuttles. In June they were located at Transportation Zone 6. Hopefully they are still running them this late in the season if your cruise is this year.

If you are going next year I would be hesitant to rely on what they did this year. Some things change from year to year.

It's for next year. At least I know where to look. Thanks for the help! :)

We just got back from Bermuda we took shuttle ,it was good going but not good going back to ship . there wasn't any vans waiting for us .We waited about half an hour or more. There was a driver there who was waiting for some people ,who was kind and let us tag along back to the ship. He took the stubs for the shuttle from us as payment.

We just got back from Bermuda we took shuttle ,it was good going but not good going back to ship . there wasn't any vans waiting for us .We waited about half an hour or more. There was a driver there who was waiting for some people ,who was kind and let us tag along back to the ship. He took the stubs for the shuttle from us as payment.

Not good. What day of the week and what time did you start waiting?

Edited by Charles4515

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect! Thanks for the help, Charles. :)

• 2 months later...

Do the shuttles run continuously back to the ship as they fill up all day or at certain times? Thinking this is something to do on one of the first two days if we do it on our own. Ship excursion seems to be for a shorter period of time...three hours perhaps.

US currency accepted for the shuttle (in case we go the first day before getting any local currency)?

Thanks in advance.