2017 Summer Itineraries

Sunprince

What's going on with Seabourn's 2017 inineraries? I don't want a cold weather cruise so Alaska and Northern Europe are out. I was planning on doing a 14 day Venice to Athens Encore cruise but it looks like they are mostly rescheduled. The Encore is now mainly Western Med and so is the Odyssey. Been there done that.

So what is Seabourn thinking putting 2 ships in the western Med for July and August? I get the risk of Turkey unrest, but Crotatia, Dubrovnik etc are not Turkey. There are many different options to vary the choice available ( I.e. How about exploring the Portugese coast??) but it seems Seabourn is focusing on a very basic and routine schedule.

Does anyone have any insight into Seabourn's 2017 Med scheduling?

I would be inclined to contact Seabourn and ask them as answers that you get here might vary and might not be correct.

Cruise lines do not always have the exact itinerary that you want so you might find that you need to bend a little occasionally.

What's going on with Seabourn's 2017 inineraries? I don't want a cold weather cruise so Alaska and Northern Europe are out. I was planning on doing a 14 day Venice to Athens Encore cruise but it looks like they are mostly rescheduled. The Encore is now mainly Western Med and so is the Odyssey. Been there done that.

So what is Seabourn thinking putting 2 ships in the western Med for July and August? I get the risk of Turkey unrest, but Crotatia, Dubrovnik etc are not Turkey. There are many different options to vary the choice available ( I.e. How about exploring the Portugese coast??) but it seems Seabourn is focusing on a very basic and routine schedule.

Does anyone have any insight into Seabourn's 2017 Med scheduling?

Agree. Just released itineraries very disappointing all round for 17/18 with exception of Pacific isles. However, at the moment, for me, they are way overpriced due to scarcity value so I shall wait.

Thanks and agreed. Overpriced or aka poor value is a good way to describe the current situation, that combined with boring itineraries is a great recipe for slow bookings and future lower pricing. But in the end I'd rather have an interesting itinerary than the best/lowest price.

At this point, Silversea has better choices, but having never sailed Silversea I am not really interested in trying another new line after experimenting with Regent, Windstar and my preference to use my Seabourn future cruise deposit.

Planning European itineraries for 2017/2018 cruise, especially in the luxury market, must be the most thankless job in the industry. Northern Africa is out, Turkey is out, Black Sea/Ukraine is out. Most of us have been to Greece and its glorious isles.

Don't keep saying "been there, done that"---re-live what you enjoyed about destinations in the past, or explore different areas from a familiar port. We cruise first of all because of our addiction to cruising.

The Eastern Med may be more hospitable in 2018--or beyond. For now I plan to enjoy the company of good friends, lovely Western Med weather, familiar and new ports and the hospitality, caring and ambiance of Seabourn.