Post Nov., 2017 itineraries!

markham

Seabourn is now loading itineraries onto their website out to March, 2018. So far it's just Quest but this must mean the other 3 ships will follow soon.

I suggest you call your TAs for clarifications and ideas.

Happy sailing!

Just Antarctica so far... and those itineraries are unfortunately a complete repeat from the previous 3 seasons, except for the Transatlantic crossing back to Europe early 2018 - that one runs from Manaus direct to Europe... Very curious how well it will sell as Manaus is difficult to fly into.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

• 1 month later...

I understand that the post Nov., 2017 itineraries for Ody, Soj and Encore will be out later this month (June, 2016).

Happy and healthy sailing!

Edited by markham

I feel like I'm amongst friends confessing that when I log into my computer, I sometimes check to see if the new itineraries are out before even consulting my emails or the weather station. People I come in contact with on a daily basis would just not understand this behavior.

Indeed you are among friends! I had been checking late last month when I was expecting the itineray releases but then contacted Seabourn head office. It was through them that I learned it would take until late June.

I hope we see these itineraries then, for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I feel like I'm amongst friends confessing that when I log into my computer, I sometimes check to see if the new itineraries are out before even consulting my emails or the weather station. People I come in contact with on a daily basis would just not understand this behavior.

Been there, still do that

Can't believe Nice happened the day we both disembarked.

Stay safe!!!

I am hoping for Middle East/Asia Pacific in the November '17-January '18 time range. I like several of the routes Encore is doing in the inaugural season but the next year is already pretty much planned for me so it's on to the next.

Just an observation and I don't know how firm schedules are, but I was looking at the Sydney port site to check on another cruise and noticed that Odyssey/Encore/Sojourn are scheduled there in January/February 2018 and Odyssey in January 2019.

Yes, I understand that Seabourn needs time to arrange their post Nov., 2017 itineraries but so do other lines. And reserve the right to alter itineraries from time to time. This is nothing new in the cruise industry.

But what I don't understand is that no one on the customer-facing side of Seabourn can supply a "likely date for release" of these itineraries. It seems that Operations runs the whole show and does not support the customer service/sales people. Is it one week, one month, 2 months or something even longer out from today?

I mean, people are reserving Azamara (!!!) when they would prefer Seabourn. Surely Seabourn should answer that?

Over to Seabourn.

Could they start to go back to the Indian Ocean as the pirate problem seems to have quieten down . Madagascar and the Seychelles would be good:D

I wonder if Seabourn management have looked at the South Pacific as an alternate cruising destination.

There are plenty of lovely island nations that would welcome the income from cruise ships and the weather is very pleasant most of the year.

Just a thought.😀

I mean, people are reserving Azamara (!!!) when they would prefer Seabourn. Surely Seabourn should answer that?!

To rub it in, Azamara announced today that their 2019 (!) itineraries (they go by calendar year) will be released in November...

I agree with the comment re South Pacific. Maybe try a couple of years exploring the many beautiful locations that the Pacific has to offer. In my experience people tend to travel at similar times each year and tend to get stuck with a familiar set of itineraries. Having the boats not repeat the same Itinerary year after year would offer loyal clients a refreshing change. It was better a few years back with the 6 ships and hopefully once the two new ships are online the choices will once again de more diverse.

Agree that an in-depth set of South Pacific itineraries would be a nice change and something we would enjoy if the right ports. The PG seems to do a good business sailing that region. And for the summer months explore new places instead of the same ports in the Med every week. More Northern Europe - non Russia cruises (like the Little Sisters did), Northwest Passage - which was rumored a few years ago when Robin West was on the Route of the Vikings we sailed, but has yet to be announced (although Crystal announced they are doing it).

My very helpful and credible TA says that he has learned from the country's sales office: the post Nov., 2017 itineraries will be out at the end of this month.

That's great news! I'm checking daily...

I notice that the Seabourn site has a notice up saying that it will be down for maintenance for a few hours this weekend and wonder whether they might also be planning on using that time to post the 2018 sailings.

I still need a plan for Christmas / New Years 2017 and am not in love with the 13 night Caribbean itinerary on Azamara Quest I have on hold... Make it a good one Seabourn! Hawaii, French Polynesia and South Africa top my list :)