S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1174

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C3

AREA: Aft / more forward aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: YES! Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Great side view, but the hump impedes forward view.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great room in a great location on the ship. No rooms across hallway so very quiet and few rooms further aft keeps the noise down as well.

CABIN #: 3126

DECK #: 3

CLASS: Ocean View

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: door

QUIET?: Yes, except for docking in Ft Lauderdale

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Very quiet except for the final docking in Ft Lauderdale

Couch near window.

CABIN #: 6272

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C - partial obstruction

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes, Cabin is above the Ensemble Lounge area, but we heard nothing. Very quiet room.

BALCONY VIEW: Lifeboats are just under the balcony.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The room is classified as an adjoining room, but there is no interior connecting door to the next cabin. We only heard our neighbors door 3 times the entire week. Very quiet location and convenient. Would book this room again.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 8261

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Balcony

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: Yes, except we had very noisy balcony neighbours, (no fault of the ship) and we could occasionally hear them in their cabin through the walls.

BALCONY VIEW: Brilliant - Unobstructed, on the hump, clear view fore and aft and down to the water. Thrilled as we booked this as a balcony guarantee and fully expected an obstructed balcony.

BALCONY SIZE: Average but plenty of room for 2 people, and bigger than other ships we've been on for a standard balcony

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Perfect position, first cabin from the lifts, but no lift noise as it's through a closed set of automatic sliding doors. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend this cabin, it was wonderful.

Generally a very quiet room near the elevators, pool and just a few steps up to the Ocean View. VERY convenient location if you like to grab a specialty coffee as the bar is right near the entrance to the Ocean View. The balcony is deep and there is an overhang so it tends to be shaded. Bed is near the bathroom.

While we were on-board, there was a strange sound at night coming from the hallway area which started and stopped at odd times. The engineer and housekeeping both came to investigate. No real answer. They said no one had ever complained about it before and they agreed that it was annoying. And after three nights of being awakened, the noise stopped. It sounded like a whirring noise that faded in and out (what you might hear from a vacuum or carpet cleaner being dragged back and forth (this room is under the carpeted area banquettes in the Ocean View) but no, the carpets were not being cleaned. Could have been the food grinder but who knows. We were thankful when it finally stopped.

We have this same cabin reserved for three more cruises so will be watchful for this noise!

SHIP: Celebrity Reflection

CABIN #: 2208

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Starboard Aft

BED NEAR: Center

QUIET?: Very, was surprised with lawn club above.

BALCONY VIEW: Aft with starboard views from balcony and large porthole

BALCONY SIZE: Large

WIND A PROBLEM?:Never

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Long walk from elevator, but not as bad as some other ships with bigger decks. Support pole beside bed that I though would be worse, but didn't run into once! Views made it completely worth it. Butler was really nice to have!!

P9110699.jpg.d7d9d5b9ff1bade8f651fe28dd90ddf6.jpg

P9110700.jpg.7d603725a877ea38559c3b0f164dc4c6.jpg

P9110701.jpg.fb042ec782bb9f2d1e92e116284992f8.jpg

P9110702.jpg.33dca41cdebe471d61b136ec3b8b41bf.jpg

]SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1614

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Midship/ aft

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Larger, first on the hump- very roomy and comfortable

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We really like this cabin. Love the bed by balcony and extra room on balcony. Presently on the cruise, have never heard any noise from my cabin And the attendants are terrific. Vey close to the elevator, although that is never a factor in choosing my cabin location.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin

SHIP: silhouette

CABIN #: 1596

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: mid

QUIET?: sorta

BALCONY VIEW: good

BALCONY SIZE: same

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: just a little noisy

Edited by kasowell2

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1614

CLASS: Aqua Class

AREA: Midship/ aft

BALCONY VIEW: Great view forward & also towards the side but other cabins to the right obscuring aft views.

BALCONY SIZE: Larger, first on the hump- very roomy and comfortable. Roomy enough for a table, plus 2 x loungers & 2 x footstools.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great cabin, however being on Starboard side it does not get direct sun which is great if you like more shade, not so good if you like the sun!

CABIN #: 9356

DECK #: 9

CLASS: C3

AREA: Starboard Aft

BALCONY VIEW: Good

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very quiet, Long walk from elevators but not a problem for us, enjoyed the walk. Would book this room again.

CABIN #: 7366

DECK #: 7

CLASS: SV

AREA:

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: perfect, aft unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: large

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: on occasions

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: balcony fully exposed to the elements. privacy good when away from balcony edge

Edited by frogsgirl

I have updated the amazing librarylady19’s S Class Cabin spreadsheet and it can be found here: S Class Cabins

Please help me help you. When posting to the S Class Cabin Information Compilation sticky, PLEASE use the following format:

Cabin #:

Ship:

Deck:

Class:

Area:

Bed Near Bath or Balcony:

Quiet?

Balcony View:

Balcony Size:

Wind a Problem:

Soot a Problem:

Problems/Comments:

Please keep the colons “:”, don’t add in extra blank lines and do put long comments in the “Comments” section. If you keep the format consistent, it will be easier for me to maintain the spreadsheet.

I am going to post this message in the main Celebrity thread as well.

Cabin #: 2157

Ship: Silhouette

Deck: 12

Class: S2

Area: Aft

Bed Near Bath or Balcony: Bath

Quiet? No

Balcony View: Beautiful...full aft view

Balcony Size: Very Large

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a Problem: No

Problems/Comments: Lots of noise from the Oceanview Cafe outdoor seating area. Also lots of vibration and noise when docking--the view is worth it, though.

CABIN: 8344

DECK: #8

CLASS: Sunset Verandah

AREA: Aft

QUIET: Yes...not a peep from the steward's closet which was right next door

BALCONY VIEW: Fabulous...watched the wake from my balcony 24/7

BALCONY SIZE: Wider than most

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great cabin...however, my first sailing that was standard verandah. As such, no basic amenities in the bathroom (cotton calls or q-tips...good thing I pack my own)...no pen or paper in the cabin. Asked steward who promptly provided pen so I could fill out the room service menu! I wasn't aware that only suite guests now receive those items!!!

CABIN #: 1068

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Mid-Ship - Starboard

QUIET?: Very Quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Great View

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No noise, vibrations or creaks. One of the quietest cabins experienced. Centered between mid/aft and mid/fwd elevator banks.

Edited by ShakeDaddy

CABIN #: 6158

CLASS: 2C

AREA: FORWARD

BED NEAR: BATH

QUIET?: Y

BALCONY VIEW: Orange lifeboat below floor of balcony, but otherwise excellent.

BALCONY SIZE: Off the hump so larger and angled

WIND A PROBLEM?: N

SOOT A PROBLEM?:N

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Perhaps the best choice in this category due to larger balcony. No obstructions to upward or outward view. Located right near forward elevators but still very quiet.

Edited by TRAVELBABE1

CABIN #: 8338

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1A Deluxe Balcony

AREA: Aft (last cabin on starboard side)

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Extra Large and shaded

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: around the corner past this cabin is a door that leads to two cabins. When passengers passed through this door it slams shut. Usually it didn't bother us but should be noted. I would definitely stay in this cabin again even with the long walk from the elevators.

Edited by Cruising Princess

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 6122

CLASS: S2 Sky Suite

AREA: Aft Starboard side

BED NEAR: Bath facing balcony door

BALCONY SIZE: Average

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This cabin is set in from deck 5. Passengers who come out to open deck 5 can see up to this balcony. Cabin was nice with extra floor space as compared to standard balcony rooms. Bathroom has tub which is very high to step up into and short ceiling height. My husband is 6 ft 3 inches and had to bend his head to wash his hair. The inside of the tub is narrow so getting a good stance when ship is rocking is a bit challenging. But does have good grab bars to hold on to.

Edited by Cruising Princess

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 9050

CLASS: A2 AquaClass

AREA: Between Forward and Mid Ship

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY SIZE: Average

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Good area of Deck 9 with not too much noise from Pool above.

CABIN #: 9267

CLASS: C3 Concierge Veranda

AREA: Aft/midship

QUIET: Yes*

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed**

BALCONY SIZE: standard

COMMENTS: location not too far from stairs/elevators. Balcony chairs DO have footstools ( saw photos elsewhere without footstools). Did receive sparking wine, daily fruit and good appetizers, but no flowers 5/6/2016 sailing. Good service. Opened up balcony dividers between three rooms. Bed against aft wall, and companion travelers were aft- so open dividers did not expand our water view as if we had been in further aft cabins. * bed wall vibrated at times. Those with the sofa in this location in adjacent two cabins aft said the same wall also vibrated. Did not really bother us, but it was noticeable at times. Also, the unknown occupant in adjacent cabin forward- whose cabin door shared the same vestibule - sometimes let go of the door when leaving, causing a slamming noise and vibration. ( I tried to hold the door when I closed it, but alas, sometimes I caused slamming sounds too [emoji57]) no noises from hallway or between rooms. ** when looking down from balcony, the orange lifeboats are visible. I prefer the clear water view from the bump out cabins at mid-ship or forward. Since the water in our Mediterranean ports did not afford clear bottom viewing and when you sit in the balcony you see no obstructions looking out, this was not a problem. In the Caribbean, I might choose otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1603

CLASS: a1 (AQUA)

AREA: Aft/midship

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET: mostly*

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: oversized (on slant)

Generally an excellent cabin with a larger than normal balcony...very convenient to aft elevator bank and no noise from the atrium even if a loud band is playing. Occasionally you hear steps or someone rolling whatever on the pool deck above, but it was rare and when we heard noise, it was during the day. We would book again.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 2151

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite S1

AREA: Aft corner

QUIET: Yes and no

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Aft wrap-around corner with overhang

COMMENTS: Balcony chairs DO have footstools. I've read a lot of comments on this cabin being noisy from the Oceanview cafe upstairs. We really didn't have a problem with it because we only had one day at sea on our port-intensive 10-night sailing (Cannes Film Festival). During the day at sea, the instances where we were in our cabin during the day we noticed quite a bit of chair noise. Early in the morning and late in the evening (8 PM onward) we really didn't experience the chair noise from above. We really enjoyed the size of this stateroom and would book it again. That said, we would most likely book one on deck 11 rather than on deck 12. However we wouldn't turn it down if it was the only S1 available. We love the wrap-around veranda and the privacy an aft cabin provides. Yes, it's a longer walk to the stairs with an aft corner cabin but we actually prefer it that way.

Cabin #: 1639

Ship: Eclipse

Deck: 11

Class: A2

Bed Near Bath or Balcony: Balcony

Quiet? Yes!

Balcony View: Beautiful no obstructed

Balcony Size: normal

Problems/Comments: We booked same cabin for our next cruise!

Cabin #: 1648

Ship: Silhouette

Deck: 11

Class: A2

Bed Near Bath or Balcony: Balcony

Quiet? Yes

Balcony View: Beautiful no obstruct

Balcony Size: Normal

Problems/Comments: Would book again