Summit Cruisers, New unfriendly Bermuda Transport Policy

Charles4515

If you buy the zone 14 ticket booklet can you use them for zone 3. It will only be two of us. I would like to buy the zone 14 and was hoping even though those tickets are more then the price of a zone 3 fare I would be able to use zone 14 tickets to go into zone 3 area's?

Just curious, as it happens that we received a Celebrity mailing today offering Summit to Bermuda. So, why quarters? Do you pay with a slot type ticket machine?

Bill

Bermuda buses have fare boxes that accept coins or token. If you pay the fare ($5.00) with coins, it would be exact change only. Bus drivers do not make change. it is similar on ferries.

SBtS

If you buy the zone 14 ticket booklet can you use them for zone 3. It will only be two of us. I would like to buy the zone 14 and was hoping even though those tickets are more then the price of a zone 3 fare I would be able to use zone 14 tickets to go into zone 3 area's?

You would be able to use the 14 zone tickets. They don't care if you go shorter, only if you longer. What 3 zone means is that you can't travel further than 3 zones. 14 zone means more than 3 zones. You could look at the bus map and figure it out but the only times I bought 3 zone was when docking in Hamilton or St. George. If you take a bus to Horseshoe or Elbow Beach from Hamilton it was 3 zone. But from the Dockyard you need 14 zone. It is not worth worring about with the ticket booklets. I would buy the 14 zone booklet.

I just spoke with the Hamilton Ferry and was told that cash would be accepted on the ferries (i.e. $5.00 Dockyard to Hamilton). Also was told by the VIC in St. George that they will not have the booklet of tickets to sell - those will only be available in Hamilton.

According to the person I spoke with at the VIC in St. George, there will not be a hop-on, hop-off shuttle. This year, there will be designated shuttles to various places (i.e. Tobacco Bay $7.00/pp, Fort St. Catherine $10/pp includes admission or Clearwater $12.00/pp).

Would appreciate any additional information anyone else may have on this. We will have to change our plans for the first day in port as it included the HOHO in St. George!

I just spoke with the Hamilton Ferry and was told that cash would be accepted on the ferries (i.e. $5.00 Dockyard to Hamilton). Also was told by the VIC in St. George that they will not have the booklet of tickets to sell - those will only be available in Hamilton.

According to the person I spoke with at the VIC in St. George, there will not be a hop-on, hop-off shuttle. This year, there will be designated shuttles to various places (i.e. Tobacco Bay $7.00/pp, Fort St. Catherine $10/pp includes admission or Clearwater $12.00/pp).

Would appreciate any additional information anyone else may have on this. We will have to change our plans for the first day in port as it included the HOHO in St. George!

I would check at the post office on Water Street for the ticket booklets.

Cash as in $5 bills?

Just talked to Bermuda tourism. They said the HOHO buses were private operations that have now ceased, so while the transportation ministry has made some bad judgments (my words, not theirs), eliminating the HOHOs wasn't one of them. To get around town you can either just hoof it or jump on a bus and see where it takes you. Also said bills ($5) are not being accepted, but the Visitor Center at King's Wharf will exchange for coins. We had planned to purchase a two-day pass for each of us at King's Wharf, but now only one-day passes, along with ticket books, are available there. The person at tourism suggested we get coins for a one-way ferry ride to Hamilton or St. George, where we could then buy a two-day pass. Well, a one-day pass is $19, or $38 if you do it twice; a two-day pass in Hamilton/St. George is $31.50, plus the $4.50 to get there, so $36. Seems like a lot of planning for us to save $2 each.

can't wait for the first reports from summit Bermuda cruisers on this new policy. going in august for the first time. hope the transportation policy changes. taxi fares are too expensive!

later,

ezemoney(not that easy)

My wife and I will be on same cruise 5th time in Bermuda. Like some other posters are saying take ferry to Hamilton or St Georges and buy a book of 15 for I thinks its 37.00.

According to posts on the Bermuda board, Bermuda has changed its mind on the new transportation policy. You may want to check the Bermuda board for more information.

Yes, it has been reversed. From this mornings Royal Gazette.

http://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/article/20160503/transport-policy-reversed-as-anthem-docks