M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

CABIN #: 8156

DECK #: 8 (Constellation)

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very, no noise other than the odd loud voice walking down the hall

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Average

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No issues at all, great location. Very little impact from the overhang 2 decks above. Would book this cabin again.

Michidoeme....if you go to the celebrity message boards, there is a sticky right near the top for S class cabin information and M class cabin informationl. There is a spread sheet for the S class ships. i've been looking for a spreadsheet for the M class ships and can't find one.

CABIN #: 3144

DECK #: 3 (Constellation)

CLASS: Ocean View

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: There are two crew storage closets/deep sinks right across the hall. Heard some noise, but really didn't bother me from 8pm at night to 8am in the morning. Did hear occasional noise/banging from kitchen escalators on the other side of the bulkhead.

BALCONY SIZE: N/A - Stateroom has huge Ocean View window

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Crew storage lockers. Stateroom 3142 and 3144 and in an area of their own. You have to use your seapass to enter the door into the passageway for these two staterooms. It would be a great area for a family of 4, for which I think it was designed.

Michidoeme....if you go to the celebrity message boards, there is a sticky right near the top for S class cabin information and M class cabin informationl. There is a spread sheet for the S class ships. i've been looking for a spreadsheet for the M class ships and can't find one.

Check post 130 of this thread. I don't think it's current...

post 130 doesn't have any cabin information. it's just a listing of cabins that have been reviewed but doesn't give you the review or where to find it. the S class sticky actually shows you a spread sheet by ship and by cabin number and gives you the review information. too bad there isn't the same thing for M class ships:confused::(

CABIN #: 1103

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Rear - above pool deck. Very convenient to walk down stairs at rear to Sunset Bar

BED NEAR: The bed is close to the bathroom

BATHROOM: Very nice shower head with jets

QUIET?: Very quiet inside

BALCONY VIEW: Beautiful view

BALCONY SIZE: Adequate - would be nice if there were foot rests

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Some black marks but may be from lack of recent cleaning

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Only problem was noise from movie screen in new area on Deck 12. Had to call several times but they did turn it down.

• Thanks 1

CABIN #: 8080

DECK #: 8

CLASS: C2

AREA: Midship

BATHROOM: Very clean with an upgraded shower head.

QUIET?: Extremely quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Beautiful view out to sea. Lifeboats 2 decks below.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal balcony

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Lovely starboard room. Short walk to mid ship and forward elevators/stairs so easy access to everything. Inside cabins across the hall that open on port side, so no noise in the hall at all. I would definitely book this room again.

CABIN #: 8074

CLASS: C2

AREA: Midship

BATHROOM: Very clean and nice shower

QUIET?: Extremely quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Beautiful view out to sea.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal balcony

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: service charriot in front the door during service time but never heard any noice. I would book again this cabin.

On the ever popular S class thread it was asked...

"Is there a similar thread for the M Class ships?"

I could not think of a good reason why there would not be....so here it is.

Same format as S-Class...

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

I have taken the plunge to collate the results for the past 4 years into an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the Reader:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BsykXmdAxnY0hOSZOys9ixw9qAEsCduOteFDtkGilno/edit?usp=sharing

2013 has been compiled ... will slowly add all the postings - LONG term project ;-)

I have added a column (first one) to indicate the year that the information was submitted, in case there were refurbs between then and when you look up the data.

Heather

• Like 2

To assist in filling out the new spreadsheet with ease - please enter per information below (revised a wee bit from original post):

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS/CATEGORY:

LOCATION/AREA:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

To keep the spreadsheet manageable:

Please note that I will only enter data into the new spreadsheet, if supplied in the above format. If one of the questions does not apply to your sailing experience, simply enter N/A.

Sincerely, Heather

Edited by hvbaskey
Additional Info

SHIP: Millennium

CABIN #: 8127

CLASS/CATEGORY: Sky Suite 2 (Accessible)

LOCATION/AREA: Mid-ship

QUIET?: Generally, see below for details

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Shallow but wide

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The room was generally quiet but we could hear a door opening and closing. It sounded like it was our door, but it wasn't. Not really a problem, but weird.

This cabin is accessible, which is a plus. The bathroom is huge but not a great design if you don't need the accessible features. The lighting is horrible, there is no electrical outlet and no place to put anything near the toilet. If you normally carry reading material into the bathroom, there's no place to put it while using the toilet.

Spreadsheet updated to include posts from 2013-2016 (up to Message #290)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BsykXmdAxnY0hOSZOys9ixw9qAEsCduOteFDtkGilno/edit?usp=sharing

Differs slightly from S-Class spreadsheet - additional columns for:

• Year of review (in case there has been a refurb/dry dock),
  • Message #, so if you want to view photos or the original post - you have a search feature, and
  • “Media” column (Yes/No) to indicate if photos, or links to photos/videos were within the post.

Heather

Edited by hvbaskey

post 130 doesn't have any cabin information. it's just a listing of cabins that have been reviewed but doesn't give you the review or where to find it. the S class sticky actually shows you a spread sheet by ship and by cabin number and gives you the review information. too bad there isn't the same thing for M class ships:confused::(

I believe, it is apparent, there is a spread sheet for M-Class. Maybe you could help hv with the compilation?

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I have taken the plunge to collate the results for the past 4 years into an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the Reader:

2013 has been compiled ... will slowly add all the postings - LONG term project ;-)

I have added a column (first one) to indicate the year that the information was submitted, in case there were refurbs between then and when you look up the data.

Heather

Thank you Heather....

bon voyage

SHIP: Constellation (Cruise taken December 2015).

CABIN #: 8090

CLASS/CATEGORY: C2 / Concierge Class.

LOCATION/AREA: Starboard - Slightly forward from mid-ship stairs and elevators.

QUIET?: Yes.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view, no obstructions.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size balcony for a Concierge Class cabin.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very close to the the mid-ship elevators/stairs and the Library. Convenient location to get to all parts of the ship quickly. Absolutely no noise from above or from neighbors. Would book again and recommend for anyone.

• Message #, so if you want to view photos or the original post - you have a search feature, and
  • “Media” column (Yes/No) to indicate if photos, or links to photos/videos were within the post.

Heather

Good Morning Heather -

Thanks so much for this undertaking to compile all this information! Truly wonderful and i'm sure many folks are very happy to have this resource at their fingertips. I have one thought/suggestion to assist with entering the information in the spreadsheet. In my experience, folks don't always enter the content of their room review right away. I've entered information up to a year after the review. I think it would make sense to have a column for people to enter the month/year that the cruise was taken versus when the cruise review was registered. That would be more reflective of deck plan changes over time.

Just a thought....

Have a great Sunday!

Walter

Connie

CABIN #: 7140

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: starboard mid-ship

BED NEAR: in a separate room

QUIET?: Yes, quiet except for toddler in suite above us who ran back and forth sometimes. Has a door connecting to suite next door that you can hear voices through if nearby (Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits was next door and I enjoyed hearing his British accent on our Flower Power charter cruise :)).

BALCONY VIEW: starboard side, curves so can see forward and aft

BALCONY SIZE: narrow, but long curved balcony (~ 4 X 20 ft) - they wouldn't put loungers out there, but did have 2 reclining chairs with foot stools and a table. Covered balcony with some shade and some sun.

WIND A PROBLEM?: not usually since the CS next door is forward of this one and buffers the wind some

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Living room furniture needs replacing, but overall a great suite with lots of room - nice table and chairs with a beautiful view out of the large windows. Bathtub awkward to maneuver into (very deep), but once you learn how it is a great jetted tub. Loved the walk-in closet/dressing area with a huge vanity and closet on each end - it had doors that you could shut. Lots of storage in this suite. Would definitely book again.

Heather

Thank you Heather, extremely useful info. Must have taken you ages. Very much appreciated.

Joyce

Heather

Heather, there is a special place in heaven for you - thanks for all of the work. Could I suggest one small tweak? If you could freeze the top row, as we scroll down, we could continue to see the questions being answered. If you highlight the first row then select "Freeze" from the View menu, that would take care of it.

Heather, there is a special place in heaven for you - thanks for all of the work. Could I suggest one small tweak? If you could freeze the top row, as we scroll down, we could continue to see the questions being answered. If you highlight the first row then select "Freeze" from the View menu, that would take care of it.

My suggestion is to "copy" the spreadsheet, then open your version of Excel, paste it there. You can then freeze the top row, do sorts, searches, the whole magilla.

BTW, I just found this, and downloaded it, and have found it beyond awesome.:);)

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 6146

DECK #: 6

CLASS: S1

AREA: Starboard Aft

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Normal

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

WIND A PROBLEM?: Only in high winds

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is an awesome Sky Suite. It has a large separate shower in the bath. Would definitely book again.