Millennium dry dock this year?

gmevld

Thanks for the pix. Lots of stuff got packed up on the last night we were on board. They must have worked all night. On the last 5 days or so, part of deck 11 was roped off as they had things piled up there too. When we arrived in Vancouver at 5:30AM, a large cargo boat loaded with 6 big bins for waste met us and tied up alongside. We wondered if they were going to rip out the carpets before the ship left for Esquimalt. I guess they could have done this while all the supplies were being loaded.

As we got off, there was a long queue of contractors/workers waiting to board.

How I would love to see all the changes when she arrives back May 12.

Edited by TeaBag

Thanks for the pix. Lots of stuff got packed up on the last night we were on board. They must have worked all night. On the last 5 days or so, part of deck 11 was roped off as they had things piled up there too. When we arrived in Vancouver at 5:30AM, a large cargo boat loaded with 6 big bins for waste met us and tied up alongside. We wondered if they were going to rip out the carpets before the ship left for Esquimalt. I guess they could have done this while all the supplies were being loaded.

Airportlimbo and I will be on there the week of May 27th. I will definitely be doing a review with pictures soon after I return.

Airportlimbo and I will be on there the week of May 27th. I will definitely be doing a review with pictures soon after I return.

I'm also on the cruise with Kevin and Airportlimbo - excited to see how Millie looks but I am concerned about the Rooftop Terrace or whatever the mutts area is called. We have a deck 11 aft cabin booked and am concerned about people going up and down those back stairs or possible noise from above. I will report back on that issue.

Edited by Jane2357

I'm also on the cruise with Kevin and Airportlimbo - excited to see how Millie looks but I am concerned about the Rooftop Terrace or whatever the mutts area is called. We have a deck 11 aft cabin booked and am concerned about people going up and down those back stairs or possible noise from above. I will report back on that issue.

I wonder if the movies that are shown there will also bother you.

We will let you know as we board her the 12th and are very excited about it!!

Monika

We will let you know as we board her the 12th and are very excited about it!!

Monika

Believe it or not, I would really like to be boarding again too! We might even pop down to see her sail. Have a great cruise.

Edited by TeaBag

Good article= thanks for the link.

Our friends at the TimesColonist have overlooked a 3rd ship booked for drydocking 2nd tru 14th May= Radiance of the Seas. She's arriving in Vancouver 1st May from her seasonnal deployment ''down under'', and will undergo a normally scheduled drydock session before the start of her normal Alaska deployment.

That yard is very huighly respected by the cruise lines industry. Good on them !:)

Does anyone know who the new captain of the ship is? A previous poster mentioned the last captain got off in Vancouver for a vacation / time off

I believe Captain George Iatrou is now at the helm and Captain Nikolas left on vacation.

Went for a walk by the dry dock again to see how things were coming along. (part 1)

Here's a portion of one of the giant cranes at the dock

_MG_9358-1.jpg

Bring more materials on board

_MG_9363-2.jpg

The back of the crane

_MG_9369-3.jpg

Workers relaxing after some handwork. I think this is the pool bar area?

_MG_9371-4.jpg

The screen getting installed

_MG_9385-6.jpg

The back of the ship where they are putting in stairs/railings?

_MG_9387-7.jpg

Here's part 2.

Lots of insulation and scaffolding

_MG_9389-8.jpg

More building materials

_MG_9390-9.jpg

Buffet chairs all protected from stray paint and dust

_MG_9392-10.jpg

Pieces of paper on most balcony doors, can see some plastic sheeting in one of the rooms.

_MG_9394-11.jpg

Outside Micheal's Club? (sign on the door says something about MC's)

_MG_9396-12.jpg

Linens again up in the lounge, most of the window only rooms have X's on the windows

_MG_9413-13.jpg

AND here is part 3 (forum limits me to only so many images per post)

The linens up close

_MG_9416-14.jpg

Solarium contruction

_MG_9422-15.jpg

Osprey couple that are over seeing the work from a light stand on shore

_MG_9377-5.jpg

I hope people enjoy these? I might make it back one more time before she sails away. If there is something in particular that people want a photo of let me know and I'll do my best. I can only see the port side of the ship, and it's behind trees, fencing, barbed wire, train tracks, buildings and more fencing.

As always full size versions can be found here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/106492154850363150803/6279614437417829905?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOj0wqjZ36r6kQE&feat=directlink

Airportlimbo - I'm on the same Alaska cruise as you on May 27th. I'm LOVING these photos so thank you very much for posting them. :)

Are you able to get an actual aft shot? Sounds like no but if you can I'd love that. I've got cabin 1138 which is the second one in from the new stairs on deck 11.

I hope I get to meet you onboard! 25 days till we fly to Vancouver!

al - thank you for the photos! Very good, to be sure. I think you need to get a kayak to get up closer and possibly board to take more!!! :D

Thank you again....

bon voyage