World Class Bar on Reflection

dresterj

I cruise on the Reflection in a couple weeks and understand that the Molecular Bar has been converted to the World Class Bar. Some cruisers from the first week of this conversion have reported mixed reviews about the service and also reported inability to make all drinks. There were also reports that the menu would change after the first week.

I have a couple questions for anyone who cruised Reflection with a departure date of February 13 or later. Do you have any pics of the menu from your week? Did the mixologists have all th equipment and ingredients necessary to make all the drinks on the menu?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We too are sailing shortly - on the Eclipse - and we would be interested in replies to this enquiry.

If the cocktails are not up to par we may downgrade back to the original package as it covered all we drink but we actually upgraded our drinks packaged when we booked (yonks ago) to enable us to have the Molecular Bar cocktails only to find out it went in the refit last year. :rolleyes:

I just got off the Reflection and was not pleased with the World Class bar, its offerings and in particular, the bartenders (one in particular). It is not as good as the Molecular bar but, having said that, World Class is brand new and the Molecular Bar had many years to become what it was.

Here is a thread that has several posts about the World Class Bar.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49108014#post49108014

I agree with Pete Coach. I was not pleased worth the World Class Bar. The service was subpar. Not having all the ingredients to make certain drinks. Not very friendly bar tenders. Definitely miss Molecular and the amazing & tasty drinks they served up.

I ended up enjoying the Martini Bar with a super friendly staff (Putu, Ketut, Vlad, Florin). Thumbs up to that crew and awesome drinks!:D

I am just off Reflection also. We loved the World Class Bar and thought Nikka, Iva and the 3rd bartender (forget his name already) were fantastic. The smoked rum and old fashion were delicious. The only drink they couldn't make (as far as I know) was the Kettle One chilled, didn't have dry ice. The bar was pretty crowded after 8 each night. The one bartender shared a new drink menu coming in the future with additional drinks developed by several winners of the World Class competition.

I doubt the drinks menu will be changing anytime soon as they haven't changed since the first one was installed on the eclipse in May! I'm sure it will take a little time to get running properly but I'm sure it will get there... We are on in a couple of weeks and looking forward to trying it out again! [emoji483][emoji4]

I enjoyed this bar. Is it different from the Molecular? Yes. I tried almost every drink in my last 2 weeks. Loved the Old Fashioned. I also have been reading threads on this bar. IMHO, if you frequent this bar regularly, you seem to get better attention/service. Yes, the drinks take longer to make. They are interesting to watch as a pair. Working off each other to get the tastes right. One night they had a huge crate of Jalapeño peppers. They made fabulous drinks with them. It's like a new restaurant. Needs time to get the kinks out. Vacations are for relaxing. Try it one night. Not when you are in a hurry. If you ask for a drink with raspberries they will make you one. Not necessarily when their are no empty seats.

• 3 weeks later...

We tried all of these except the Haig Clubman - all were good. The Kentucky Calling is STRONG, though, so watch out! My husband loved the Sailor's Crush. BTW, on our sailing last week they told us that they would not be offering the drink that calls for dry ice, as they have deemed it unsafe to use on the ship. They also weren't offering the smoked rum on one night, because the smoker wasn't working, but they did say it would be available later in the cruise.

Our favorite WCB drink was the Bulleit infusion - well worth the small upcharge and the wait!

We only had the classic alcohol package - I wanted to try the World Class Bar but I was told that there was nothing they could serve me.

I guess I get it, but it felt kind of crappy being completely excluded from an entire bar. [emoji20]

I asked if they could make me a mini version or with non premium alcohol and they said no.

It wasn't because they were busy either. There were only 2 people there.

Oh well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We only had the classic alcohol package - I wanted to try the World Class Bar but I was told that there was nothing they could serve me.

I guess I get it, but it felt kind of crappy being completely excluded from an entire bar. [emoji20]

I asked if they could make me a mini version or with non premium alcohol and they said no.

It wasn't because they were busy either. There were only 2 people there.

Oh well.....

I agree that it is a bummer when your package doesn't cover specific drinks, but you can always just pay full price if you really want to try something.

• 1 month later...
I enjoyed this bar. Is it different from the Molecular?

I am so glad to hear a positive report on the WCB. We were on the March 5 sailing and were extremely disappointed. Both the bar and the service paled in comparison to our experiences in the Molecular Bar just a short year ago.

Willing to give it another shot next year.

Thanks

Whit

Popped back to offer my 5c worth.

We loved the Molecular bar and were willing to give the World Class Bar a go especially as we upgraded our package last year expecting the Molecular Bar and they removed it in the refit from the Eclipse.

It's in the same place but with less choice. We had the original menu, it did not have the 4 news ones posted recently above and we tried them all bar the Whisky one and the dry Ice (they had none as previous posters have said)

The bar staff were good on the Eclipse, Abu and Vasilly and we enjoyed our drinks and stopped by every other night for one, but not as much as we enjoyed the Molecular bar ones of which we used to have several each night.

I sadly would not upgrade my package next time to go there again.