Canadian Rye Whiskey

illusion

This may seem like a very strange question but after reviewing the beverages offered in

the Classic &/or Premium Beverage package there is no mention of Rye ... such as

Wisers (which is Canadian) or even Crown Royal. My husband is concerned haha.

Our last cruise in 2011 we had the Premium package and had no issues purchasing the

Crown Royal so the question is ...... is this just an oversight or has Crown Royal been

removed the bar list???

Anyone who has recently come back from a cruise, can you recall seeing Crown Royal or

even sipping on?? We did speak to Celebrity and they had the same bar list so had no

answer either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This may seem like a very strange question but after reviewing the beverages offered in

the Classic &/or Premium Beverage package there is no mention of Rye ... such as

Wisers (which is Canadian) or even Crown Royal. My husband is concerned haha.

Our last cruise in 2011 we had the Premium package and had no issues purchasing the

Crown Royal so the question is ...... is this just an oversight or has Crown Royal been

removed the bar list???

Anyone who has recently come back from a cruise, can you recall seeing Crown Royal or

even sipping on?? We did speak to Celebrity and they had the same bar list so had no

answer either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Crown Royal is definately still available with the Premium package. Canadian Club is also available with just the Classic package.

This may seem like a very strange question but after reviewing the beverages offered in the Classic &/or Premium Beverage package there is no mention of Rye ... such as Wisers (which is Canadian) or even Crown Royal. My husband is concerned haha...
United States law requires Rye Whisky to include at least 51 percent rye in the mash. Canadian law does not require Rye Whisky to include any rye in the mash (as in zero, yes ZERO, percent rye).

There is a reason why very few Canadian Rye Whiskys are sold in the US as Rye Whiskys - they contain very little if any rye. It is unclear if Crown Royal contains any rye, but it sure isn't being sold as such in the US. But if you like it, that is all that counts.

Illusion, my husband drinks crown & ginger ale and it's on the classic package.

He was a die hard Crown fan for many many years until he was introduced to 40 Creek, it's made in Grimsby. He says it beats Crown hands down, just thought I'd mention it, maybe your husband would like to try it.

The only thing is they don't have it on any cruises so my husband settles for Crown. ;)

United States law requires Rye Whisky to include at least 51 percent rye in the mash. Canadian law does not require Rye Whisky to include any rye in the mash (as in zero, yes ZERO, percent rye).

There is a reason why very few Canadian Rye Whiskys are sold in the US as Rye Whiskys - they contain very little if any rye. It is unclear if Crown Royal contains any rye, but it sure isn't being sold as such in the US. But if you like it, that is all that counts.

If you read the labels of Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Wiser's, etc., they do not actually say Rye Whiskey or even Rye anywhere; they say Canadian Whiskey. That we call them rye is strange, admittedly, but we aren't trying to market them as rye whiskey.

True, you have to look very carefully at a Canadian "Rye" Whisky to determine if there's actually rye in it. Canadian Club just started selling one made with rye though - I believe it's a green label on the bottle identifying it.

Edited by Paraveina

Illusion, my husband drinks crown & ginger ale and it's on the classic package.

He was a die hard Crown fan for many many years until he was introduced to 40 Creek, it's made in Grimsby. He says it beats Crown hands down, just thought I'd mention it, maybe your husband would like to try it.

The only thing is they don't have it on any cruises so my husband settles for Crown. ;)

It's so hard to find Rye Whiskey in the states but when we are in Florida, ABC Liquor stores

sell Wisers Rye. He has a bottle of 40 Creek but still prefers Wisers. LOL. Good to know

that the classic pkg includes Crown though. Thanks

For those that are Crown lovers there is a Crown website that is worth joining or looking at.

They offer free customized labels that are really nice, and sometimes freebies like coasters, aprons, soft coolers, and etc. Naturally they also have stuff for sale.

There are also drink suggestionson the site. One that my wife likes is a Crown Scepter. it is Crown, grapefruit juice and a splash of grenadine.

On board the ship instead of mixing with ginger ale try it with ginger beer. Ginger beer is a soda that is used for the dark and stormy that is rum based, and smoke and ginger that is scotch based.

What is nice about the drink pack is it gives the opportunity to try different drinks and mixes

drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

For those that are Crown lovers there is a Crown website that is worth joining or looking at.

They offer free customized labels that are really nice, and sometimes freebies like coasters, aprons, soft coolers, and etc. Naturally they also have stuff for sale.

There are also drink suggestionson the site. One that my wife likes is a Crown Scepter. it is Crown, grapefruit juice and a splash of grenadine.

On board the ship instead of mixing with ginger ale try it with ginger beer. Ginger beer is a soda that is used for the dark and stormy that is rum based, and smoke and ginger that is scotch based.

What is nice about the drink pack is it gives the opportunity to try different drinks and mixes

drink up

Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...
Is there an update on this? We are cruising on the infinity in June and the couple we are traveling with are drinkers of Canadian whiskey -especially Crown Royal. Is this still included in the classic beverage package?

We've always been able to get Crown on our cruises and it was always in the classic beverage package. It's my hubby's drink of choice, well after 40 Creek. ;)

Crown Royal was included in the Classic Package on two cruises in 2015. However, I have seen a couple of list published on CC that showed all of the Canadian Whiskeys only included with the Premium Package. I called Celebrity and the representative said Crown Royal is included with the Classic Package.