Afternoon Tea on cruise ship

Ace85

Does The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda offer afternoon tea when the ship is at sea?

Certainly not like Cunard or even Princess for that matter! Tea on Celebrity was the ONLY thing I thought was lame. It was self serve in the buffet. Sorry, but I like it done the more traditional way. If they had an Elite tea, I never saw it.(Celebrity Eclipse)

Certainly not like Cunard or even Princess for that matter! Tea on Celebrity was the ONLY thing I thought was lame. It was self serve in the buffet. Sorry, but I like it done the more traditional way. If they had an Elite tea, I never saw it.(Celebrity Eclipse)

If they had one, it would have been on the list of activities for Elite cruisers that is in your cabin on embarkation. I don't think it's ever listed in the daily program. Waaay back when, they used to have one elegant tea in the dining room on a sea day. It was open to everyone. The ladies were required to wear a skirt.

The ladies were required to wear a skirt.

Actually, all the women were to wear skirts. :) Recently, the elite tea is served in individual metal pots with the standard tea bags. The delivery of scones, desserts, and sandwiches is limited, requiring a fair amount of self service. Very few dress for the tea as it is no longer elegant.

65 day countdown, sorry I was counting correctly before.

Edited by neverbeenhere

Actually, all the women were to wear skirts. :) Point taken. As has been mentioned, nobody does tea like Cunard. I'm not crazy about them otherwise but their teas are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The tea for Elites is not on the daily sheet. It is on a sheet placed in the stateroom at the beginning of the cruise. I don't think anyone is missing anything. We found the service poor and they ran out of things too quickly. We prefer the daily one in the buffet where we serve ourselves.

They used to offer an Elegant Tea with Champagne for a fee but I haven't seen that for a while.

The tea for Elites is not on the daily sheet. It is on a sheet placed in the stateroom at the beginning of the cruise. I don't think anyone is missing anything. We found the service poor and they ran out of things too quickly. We prefer the daily one in the buffet where we serve ourselves.

They used to offer an Elegant Tea with Champagne for a fee but I haven't seen that for a while.

Do you know if you can have afternoon tea delivered to your suite? I thought I read that somewhere. Regent and even HAL had lovely tea events. I'm chuffed that there is even something in the buffet...I must have been living under a rock to have missed that bit of info all these years, lol.

Do you know if you can have afternoon tea delivered to your suite? I thought I read that somewhere. Regent and even HAL had lovely tea events. I'm chuffed that there is even something in the buffet...I must have been living under a rock to have missed that bit of info all these years, lol.

If you are in a suite room afternoon tea will be delivered about 4pm. Along with the tea there are small sandwiches and a range of delightfull small cakes and cookies. These are on a large trolley for you to choose from.

Your butler soon learns your preferences....

In addition Michael's Club on a few of our cruises has hosted a couple of very nice elegant tea afternoons, we have really enjoyed these events, social but small and champagne if you want it.

Yes, we had Peter, the butler, deliver the afternoon tea every day at 4 as has already been said. I think this was one of the things we liked best about the suite. However, if you are partial to the warm scones, jam and cream (it is whipped cream not clotted), you will need to visit the buffet.:)